What do you look for in a potential partner?

Following on from @Ripple’s thread about first dates, once you’ve determined the person is the gender / gender identity you are attracted to and of the same sexual orientation as yourself, what sort of things do you look for in a potential partner?

1 Like

Not that I am looking for a partner now, but if I were, I would pay attention to how respectful he is to what has been my own history of my adult life. A person who acknowledges life’s crises and happy memories would be a nice companion to share past and future adventures on those evenings of cuddling on the couch in front of the fire (not the TV). I would focus on his adult life, and how he handled his own years. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Kindness and a sense of humour.All qualities needed if they are attracted to me.

2 Likes

Kindness without being wimpy, and a twinkle in his eye gets to me every time!

1 Like

Someone I would be happy with

1 Like

Thanks God I already have a partner of 30 years but well if I was looking, he would have to be.

Polite, well mannered. decent. independent, with a good sense of humor and need I to say honest and trustworthy.

I like my partner to make me feel safe, happy and entertained and I try to reciprocate. It worked for us over the years.

2 Likes

Kindness/ self control/ faithfulness/ unconditional love/ patience, those are but a few, I find those great strengths in people.

Another thing I look for is how they treat others …especially those who are at the top of the ladder and those at the bottom of the ladder…in the views eye, of some in this world.

I would like to see them treat everyone equal…because at the end of the day, we all are as human beings…if any partner of mine looked down on others because of their low qualifications/ or low status,…I would most definitely walk away without a doubt.

Edit to add, I also look for “ depth” in a persons heart./ inner being.( as in goodness)

3 Likes

GSOH N/S for LTR

2 Likes

Ummm I know it’s very flaky but come on admit the truth …firstly fancyability

4 Likes

Oh yeah, most definitely, there must be that chemistry/ spark, I won’t settle for anything less!..:joy:

2 Likes

Good gal :+1:t2:

2 Likes

They must turn on that ignition key,:joy:

2 Likes

Unfortunately I never found what I was looking for but here is what I would have really loved

Kindness
Spiritual
Empathic
Loving
Non judgemental
Fun and impulsive

Maybe in my next life :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Too right :slight_smile:

1 Like

Susan…you never know what’s round that corner waiting for “ you” …and imo, it’s always when you are least expecting it!!..:heartpulse:

Love has no age limit either,imo.:heartpulse:

3 Likes

No wonder you never found the right one that is a pretty exacting list of requirements .

Yes, there needs to be that spark that stays forever. Without that spark, it becomes static and you move into a ‘brother and sister’ type role.

Definitely a sense of humour because life is not always fun but a bit of a sense of humour carries you through.

Someone who treats you as their equal and doesn’t become domineering and possessive.

Someone who respects you and with the respect being mutual.

Someone who understands you, will stay by you through thick and thin and will love you forever…

Not a lot to ask really!! :laughing:

2 Likes

I like tall dark men and married two of them .
Not at the same time though :slight_smile:

1 Like

You…certainly wouldn’t know if the right one has not found me, or that we have found each other,( true love) …my lips are sealed at the moment…until such a time where there will be a “ celebration topic”…:wink::pray::heartpulse:…in the meantime my true love is in the pipeline.:wink:…been waiting over 30 yrs…

2 Likes

Above all else she would HAVE to be Jewish, best yet a non-observant Jew such as myself.

1 Like