What do you like/dislike about Charles?

Curious to hear what you think!

Personally I don’t really dislike him other than he (and the rest of them) not fulfilling what I think a true king or queen should do, but in terms of what I like about him I like that he is interested in functional medicine and seems to understand the importance of unadulterated food and natural healing. I hope he will do more in this area if nothing else.

Edit: Oh, fox hunting or hunting for ‘fun’. Not sure if he partakes in any of that but that is detestable!!!

2 Likes

I have no strong feelings about him either way. On the one hand his mother obviously liked my middle name to name her son after me, on the other hand he is a bit of a pampered wimp.

I read that someone applies toothpaste to his toothbrush and another one irons his shoelaces. If this is so, I find it disgusting. The city of Cornwall gives him money each year. Why? IMO, he should not accept it. I can’t really forgive him nor all of them, for what was done to Diana.

1 Like

I don’t agree with having a monarchy.It’s out dated and feudal and should have been abolished years ago.It’s not fair on us and the people in it.Having said that as a person he seems quite moderate in his behavior like his mother.

2 Likes

Hi

I find him difficult to warm to.

He is very aware of his own position in life and has a list of foibles a mile long.

1 Like

I have no regard for him whatsoever. Like most people in power, he has used it to his own advantage, and turned a blind eye when it suited him It would be interesting to be able to read the Black Spider Memo’s, which of course, are banned from ever being published, especially now he has become king.

1 Like

Charles is a thinker, a bit dreamy, not a bad bloke.

4 Likes

I felt sorry for him yesterday because his mother hadn’t been dead for 24 hours, but he put a brave face on and went to the people outside the palace.
In his speech he seemed to be saying that he will try to be as good as his mother & I think there is a chance he may achieve that.
His mother became queen at a young age & has had 70 years to win the respect of her people, but Charles will have less time. I just think we need to wait and see if he is as good as his mum!

3 Likes

Charles is ok, but I think he is a bit old now to become King.
I can’t get used to calling him King Charles III.

1 Like

I think he’s a bit of an idiot and won’t be able to stop himself opening his mouth and putting his foot in it, unlike his mother

He’s a weird combo of the ultra posh, wanting to be waited on hand and foot, and trying to be a hippy greenie, which doesn’t really work

Because he just hasn’t got a clue about how the other half live and how impractical some of his ideas are and how remote from ordinary lives

His love and support of hunting is vile and he has a very irritating voice

I feel a bit sorry for him because I think he’s people pleaser and wasn’t tough enough for Phillip. Hard never to be the son your father wanted

And because Diana and her team were much better at playing the media

I rather like the way he found the guts to get and chanced the unpopularity to be with Camilla. It was out of character for him to step over the line and, really, theirs is the real love story

2 Likes

I am adhering to the new forum rule of… ‘If you can’t say anything nice, say nothing at all…

I neither like, or dislike Charles but l wish him well in his new role…while he can!

12 Likes

I have seen many pictures of Charles with his mother, the look in both their eyes, was that of Love and adoration!..:heartpulse:

He apparently has a great sense of humour as well.:joy:

He loves his children and grandchildren,again, it’s all in the eyes ,from the pictures I have seen and the YouTube footage,:heartpulse:

1 Like

Same here Arty…I wish him well.

2 Likes

What I like about about King Charles III -

He holds sincere opinions and tries to do the right thing.
He does care about people and I think he is sincere and constant about the charities he supports and especially The Prince’s Trust Charity he founded.
When you listen to the young people who have benefited from that scheme, they all say how involved Charles has been in wanting to create opportunities for young people to get on in life.

He has always cared about environmental matters, both in the natural world and in the building and development in our towns and cities.
Over the years, his views have not always been the “popular voice of the day” but he has continued to champion causes he believes are important - and we can see now that he was “ahead of the curve” on many of the issues he has been trying to raise public awareness of for many years.

I have often felt sorry for Charles because the National press have often mis-represented him and mocked him because he is more of an aesthete and dreamer type than most of his family. I think the constant comparisons and mockery for not being “mainstream” probably added to his sensitivity and air of gaucheness when he was younger.
I think he has grown more self-assured and relaxed since his marriage to Camilla and is better able to fulfil the duties of Head of State now than he has ever been.

8 Likes

He’s not noticed that I’ve grown up into a beautiful man, which his mother should have asked him to check up on. But I suppose I can’t hold that against him.

Poor fella’s been waiting in the wings all his life, and I wish him every success. Even if he doesn’t shine, let’s hope he doesn’t make a right old pig’s ear of it.

He was way ahead of his time on the ecology and green issues, and also (I believe) had a positive impact on certain elements of architecture. The Prince’s Trust has also been really positive.

3 Likes

His being part of WEF worries me also if he does as he said a few years ago and becomes head of faiths instead of the head of the Church of England it worries me exactly where he’s taking us.
William is also a member of WEF they have a grip on this country worries me greatly.

He doesn’t factor high enough for me to have an opinion either way.

I do however, think a great deal about the amount of money which is bestowed upon the royal family.

1 Like

I have nothing against him, but some of his dubious friendships are cause for concern. I accept he may not have known about Jimmy Saville, although I find it impossible to believe that organisations like MI5 knew nothing about Saville & did not brief both him & Margret Thatcher on what they knew.

However, Charles’s friendship with Peter Ball the former Bishop of Gloucester has nothing to do with not knowing & everything to do with knowing & not caring. Charles tried to get Peter Ball his job back as a priest, following his conviction for multiple sex offences against multiple young people.

Margret Thatcher was also friends with both men & both remind me of that quote from Don Quixote. “Show me who your friends are, and I’ll tell you who you are.”

1 Like

I like Charles. I think he is a good man and will make a good king.

3 Likes

Someone was on TV saying how much difference the Prince’s Trust had made to his life. The opportunities he had been given as a result to turn his young life around and become a successful adult. It made me see him in a new light. He set this up in 1976 and it has subsidiaries in a number of countries.

2 Likes