What do you do when you hear something fall in the middle of the night while you are in bed?

Spot On. Why i signed up.
Beats wearing a mask and carrying a Swag Bag.
The collection box. A nice lil earner. :rofl: Laffin all the way >> 2theLoo. :wink: :wink:

3 Likes

Similar here. This Mancave is over 100yrs old.
Deeds read. That Trawlermen have constantly lived here.
Have a bedside mat. That moves unknowing during the night, to an adjacent wall.
Presumed hat. In the After world.
Hes concealing his Smuggling. From My Snuggling. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Ours is 1801 built and the adjoined barn has the original old stone cobbled small styled like crazy pavingā€¦it is in now the only way to get upstairs to what was at one time the bedroomsā€¦the stairs are a glorified ladder and the floors above are sloping so the whole experience is frightening, but the Stone Martins if they can get it that area are bad very badā€¦would be about 4.00am we have heard them playingā€¦

4 Likes

Oh bollocks!

2 Likes

ā€œSnowball the cats are at it again.ā€ ā€œyou take it my Husbandā€ twss

3 Likes

I would just Freeze and hope i dont see anyone walk through my bedroom door
As im a carer for my paralysed husband , i know it will have to be me to fight my way through intruders

I have a large knife=under my bed ,just incase
But i know i would never use it as ,self defence ,doesnt mean a thing in this country and i would go to prison, but i also wouldnt want to hurt anyone :pleading_face: :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

2 Likes

ā€œIā€™ve heardā€. They are Very Light!
ConFucius. Did say.
ā€œRaising arms in the Air. >> Makes Light Workā€. :wink: :wink:

2 Likes

Confucius forgot to mention they ainā€™t very light on the pocketā€¦ have you seen the price of batteries these days, shocking!! :anguished::wink:

4 Likes

Arrrrrrrrr. BUT. >> KonFusious. Waz later Prefixed ā€œSMARTā€ :laughing:
He knew,
That wiff a Battery in, >> Battery is a criminal offense :wink: :wink:

2 Likes

Therein lies a problem. Surely one can protects that which is theirs.
Are we expected to simply let anyone walk in and take or do what they want?
Stupid laws made by incompetent people.

Do you remember about the farmer shooting at the men ,that were trying to break into his home
He got put in prison for 5 yrs if i remember correctly !

1 Like

I woke with a start, put the light on, nothing to see in the bedroom, so I got out of bed & went into the back bedroom, putting the light on, on the way in, one of the boxes in there had shifted & everything on top of it had slid off to the carpet.My heart rate slowed & my breathing & I put everything back, then went back to bed.

1 Like

Interesting point - the law is a bit weird.
If for example you grabbed a knife or something else from the kitchen counter in the heat of the moment in order to defend yourself, the law would be easier on you than if you kept a ā€˜weaponā€™ under the bed in anticipation of an attack!

1 Like

But how would the law know that i havnt taken the knife from the kitchen in aid of self defence !

2 Likes

It amazes me what they can discover from a crime scene. I think i watch to many CSI dramas! :no_mouth:

3 Likes

because you admited in your post you keep it under your bed , thats intent.

1 Like

I would think bruises / large red marks you have would show the LEO you were in defense of yourself in your own home in the middle of the night. Knife attacks are fairly common on the street. Not so much in your own bed. I keep a 1 x 2 x24" hard pine to push the mirror back open after the car wash on Turboā€™s. The Assault in / of the Hurricane Tunnel Car wash is horrific also! ā€¦ Haha ā€¦

1 Like

Moved it now :smile: :grin:

1 Like

:smiley: :+1:

2 Likes

Spooky that this is mentioned because I woke in the middle of the night thinking I heard the doorbell. I probably dreamt it but then I kept hearing noises. I looked over the banisters convinced I was going to see someone creeping up the stairs.

My husband is sleeping in the spare room as he has sleep apnoea and trying out yet another machine and mask so I didnā€™t want to disturb him.

Got back in bed and pulled duvet up around ears but lay on my side so I could see if anybody came through the open door!

1 Like