What do you do when you hear something fall in the middle of the night while you are in bed?

I would pick up the phone and check the cameras.

I heard a creepy scratching noise in the front room the other day. Started panicking that some animal had come down the chimney or was under the floorboards. Turned out that it was just that the rose in the front garden needs trimming as it’s hitting the window as it moves in the wind.

3 Likes

Possum climb our lake home roofs at night regularly and then the Squirrels during the mornings.

3 Likes

Nothing until in the morning.

1 Like

Some years ago I heard a loud noise in the middle of the night. Since being on my own I have kept a baseball bat under my bed so I started creeping down the stairs, in the dark, baseball bat raised over my shoulder when I stopped and asked myself what the hell I was doing!! Retreated to the bedroom, switched on all the lights making a lot of noise and then started down the stairs - to find a painting had fallen off the wall! I now ensure I switch on the alarm every night!

3 Likes

LOL. That’s what think. Have 3 working guard dogs (Great Pyrenees). I just roll over and go back to sleep, because I know in the morning I will have to put the furniture back in place. They have four acres the play in but, no. They have to play in the house and rearrange all the furniture.

4 Likes

Until almost 3 years ago home was a very old building1700s ,you get use to and ignore the creaking and noises .

5 Likes

Same here, @Azz , it’s usually something like that with the sound coming out of the storage room. If I’m sure I heard something falling down inside the house, it can only be one of two things, either a smoke detector or a picture, and I would ignore it until the morning.

If the sound is outside, I’d check if I hear it again. If not, it might be a cat and I’d turn to the other side.

2 Likes

Having read ALL. The 'orrable things. Peeps do to protect there pads.
I’ve binned the Mask & Swag Bag. :rofl:
Now learning to play the Tambourine at the Salvation Army.
Peace glorious Piece. :innocent:

4 Likes

Get up and see what the Cat has broken.

4 Likes

Not necessarily…they might give you a swift and orrible clip round the the ear with a lumpy Mag-Lite for every bum note you play…

I’ve heard they can be very strict! :wink:

5 Likes

And the salvation army approach you in pubs demanding money for ‘War Cry’ and if you don’t cough up they beat you around the head with a rolled up copy of it…
:woozy_face:

4 Likes

Spot On. Why i signed up.
Beats wearing a mask and carrying a Swag Bag.
The collection box. A nice lil earner. :rofl: Laffin all the way >> 2theLoo. :wink: :wink:

3 Likes

Similar here. This Mancave is over 100yrs old.
Deeds read. That Trawlermen have constantly lived here.
Have a bedside mat. That moves unknowing during the night, to an adjacent wall.
Presumed hat. In the After world.
Hes concealing his Smuggling. From My Snuggling. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Ours is 1801 built and the adjoined barn has the original old stone cobbled small styled like crazy paving…it is in now the only way to get upstairs to what was at one time the bedrooms…the stairs are a glorified ladder and the floors above are sloping so the whole experience is frightening, but the Stone Martins if they can get it that area are bad very bad…would be about 4.00am we have heard them playing…

4 Likes

Oh bollocks!

2 Likes

“Snowball the cats are at it again.” “you take it my Husband” twss

3 Likes

I would just Freeze and hope i dont see anyone walk through my bedroom door
As im a carer for my paralysed husband , i know it will have to be me to fight my way through intruders

I have a large knife=under my bed ,just incase
But i know i would never use it as ,self defence ,doesnt mean a thing in this country and i would go to prison, but i also wouldnt want to hurt anyone :pleading_face: :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

2 Likes

“I’ve heard”. They are Very Light!
ConFucius. Did say.
“Raising arms in the Air. >> Makes Light Work”. :wink: :wink:

2 Likes

Confucius forgot to mention they ain’t very light on the pocket… have you seen the price of batteries these days, shocking!! :anguished::wink:

4 Likes

Arrrrrrrrr. BUT. >> KonFusious. Waz later Prefixed “SMART” :laughing:
He knew,
That wiff a Battery in, >> Battery is a criminal offense :wink: :wink:

2 Likes