What cookware do you use?

No idea ST…

£300 for a casserole dish :joy: Oh my word…I can’t even think of anything to say to this.

2 Likes

They do indeed but they would be inferior to the earthen cookware that you have, i looked your brand up, they have doubled in price.

You know what though, I could pick those casserole dishes up in a charity shop, I’ve seen them in their shops, like a fool I never thought to buy it…I won’t be passing them by again, …:+1:

1 Like

Take a shopping trolley with you - they are very heavy.

Just checked…Lakeland doesn’t stock a wide range of le creuset, so you might not have to remortgage :wink:

I know, I’ve used them when I cooked privately for a couple some years back, she was french and only had the best earthenware…in those days for me, expensive cookware wasn’t a priority I had children and couldn’t afford the prices being a single parent of 3 boys.

The Instant Pot - it is a game changer.

Tomorrow I must recondition the wok, it’s carbon steel, fine wire wool, coconut oil and plenty of kitchen roll will do the job.

1 Like

They have ceramic coated version too

I have three cast iron pans - small, medium, & large. They’ve been well conditioned, so nothing sticks. All washed in plain hot water, and coated with olive or coconut oil after use.

My casserole is also cast iron, although that one has a ceramic lining (£29 from the middle of Lidl) - it’s on the stove-top now cooking shin beef and onions on a low heat. That’s tomorrow’s dinner and Monday’s tea sorted out.

Saucepans are stainless steel, also easily cleaned with a stainless steel wire pad.

2 Likes

Lovely new Stellar pans I’m now cooking on a induction hob .
I’ve Le Creuset in grey for the oven , it’s to heavy to use.
Doesn’t matter as I’ve given up using the oven since buying a air fryer .

3 Likes

A couple of minutes each side is all you need for steak, but certain cuts need more.

IMO It’s important that meat is room temperature to begin with, get’s sealed, cooked in a pan with good air circulation and hot enough to prevent it stewing in it’s own juices. Once it’s well on its way, less tender cuts like pork shoulder, benefit greatly from being transferred to the oven/grill within seconds before the temperature can drop, for slightly more gentle, more even cooking. Then removed and allowed to rest for a few mins.

The thing is … I love my little Dualit Mini Oven/grill. Counter top, perfect for the two of us. But it won’t take a frying pan with handle. But, I may just continue to use the grill element with door open as it works so well.

1 Like

Hi

Spot on Judd.

Where are they from?

Well there is a huge factory or two in Poland who supply wholesale only to numerous different brands, but the product is the same.

The price is merely marketing, the quality is the same.

7 posts were split to a new topic: How to use and look after Cast Iron / Carbon Steel pans?

@d00dStackable Pots & Pans | Stackable Saucepans | Tefal UK Shop

Not all of them are coated, if that’s a concern.

… of no real concern to me!

I think the only way to get a Teflon pan hot enough to release poisonous fumes is to leave it empty, boiled dry, on a hot hob. If I ever burnt a non-stick pan I’d bin it.

1 Like

I just love Le Crueset bakeware. The brand was my weakness about 15 years ago.

I have a large traditional orange casserole dish, l bought second hand from a local man for £15.

I have a round, orange cast iron skillet that l bought from a newly-wed who got it as a wedding present but found it too heavy. It had never been used and l paid ?£30.

I have a large orange cast iron square-ish ?roaster that l make lasagna in. I bought that off Amazon when it was a really good price.
I have a rectangular pale blue oven dish that l also bought off Amazon at a good price.

I have some of their red soup pot/dishes that l bought from TK Max.

I also like Silverwood and Mermaid hard anodised bakeware. I have many items of quality bakeware from those two companies.

2 Likes

My great grandmother used to say that she couldn’t afford to buy cheap clothes. Le creuset is a fine example of why it’s cheaper to buy good quality expensive stuff.

1 Like

Got mine from Amazon as a set of three (L, M, & S) :slight_smile:

Hi

I missed out on that one |Judd, well done.