What car do you have and what do you like/dislike about it?

I would love a chaffeur driven 1926 Rolls Royce ‘Silver Ghost’ - but it ain’t going to happen!

I have a Cosy Coup, very cheap to run , no queuing up at the Petrol stations , and easy to park and push start .
I could go on about the advantages of the Cosy but that would take to long . :smiley:

Ford Fiesta eco boost.

I like that I don’t have to pay road tax on it & it’s a nippy little car.

I don’t like having to punch a programme in the dasboard when I put air in the tyres.

Hi

Mine will last me out, a Ford CMax, 2011.

An Ex Works car with upgraded diesel engine, brakes and suspension.

Time to put it back to a lower spec, my reactions are not what they where.

Dislikes, a bit short for long 2 piece fishing rods, difficult to see nearside front wing.

Merc Coupe.

Dislikes … she doesn’t chuck a U-ey like a black cab.

I have just noticed this thread, so I hope I may add my experiences.
VW Golf Mk8 1.5 litre 6-speed manual.

Positives:
Lovely car to drive. Not a sports car (which we have no interest in) but no slouch. Smooth ride, apart from our disgustingly pot-hole strewn roads, and responsive. Reasonably economical and plenty of room inside, especially as it is a hatchback. Good all-round view for the driver.

Negatives:
The hopeless navigation display screen which since the Mk 7, someone had the bright idea of replacing perfectly usable knobs and buttons with touch-sensitive map display and sliders which are difficult and often impossible to use on our uneven and bumpy roads! Even the so-called voice control, which pops up unexpectedly when it hears us say something randomly but then completely fails to respond to any questions or instructions, is completely unusable.
It went in for its annual service in March - for two days(!) - and the faults are still there.

No. Never again. Not recommended. Even if they revert to the Mk7 features when Mk9 comes along, I’m not sure we could trust it. I suspect that there will be far better alternatives.

We have a 2008 Renault Scenic, spacious inside, large boot and we get 41mpg from it.

1 Like

Wow, that’s very precise! We, too, are concerned about spending too much money on petrol! :rofl:

I am thinking about a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso 2009, my wife wants a Honda Crv, a car must be automatic, have room for a dog cage, mobility scooter.
Being as it will be the wife’s money it may be the Honda.
Has anyone had a Citroen C4 automatic?

We have a Honda CRV and it’s been a great car pleanty of room for dog cage .

We have a Land Rover Discovery automatic…its easy to drive i love it.

I used to have a little MX5 which I loved but its wasn’t good on twisty twindy country roads and you can’t see a thing over hedges because it was so low so I sold it…it was a sweet little car though.

Good grief. Talk about resurrection. This thread is 8 years old. :smiley:

I wonder how many of us still have the same car?

I’ve had three in the last 8 years, all Toyota. The current one is an Auris Hybrid. The best mid range Toyota I have owned. All singing all dancing top of the range model. I thoroughly recommend a Hybrid car unless you have lead boots. Drive it sensibly and it will be extremely economical. Go on a motorway regularly at speed and you lose any benefit of a Hybrid.

Nissan Juke Tekna 1.6, auto now (2 years ago I had a Micra for 16 years from new, loved it.)

Likes. The onboard satnav and parking camera. Fairly roomy. Comfortable to drive. Storage space under boot shelf. Various features, like USB port, seat warmer, several cup holders. Just press button on front doors to lock. Press button on boot latch to unlock. Folding wing mirrors (and auto on locking car).

Dislikes. No spare wheel. Too big. Cannot gauge width (hence me having two recent scrapes, my fault). DAB radio, with frequent lack of signal. Insufficient leg room in the back for passengers. Going into limp mode, not once, but twice.

My car is 07 year, and I bought it when it was 3 years old. So I guess I’ve had it for 12 years, still love it, got no plans to get another.

Sometimes can’t climb into the cabin because of gammy leg/hip, which prevents me lifting my leg over the cill. Made more difficult in some supermarket car parks, where width restriction makes it impossible to open driver’s door fully.

I have a 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Premium. Love the bells and whistles, alerts when wandering out of lanes, cars passing in blind spot, 34 miles/gallon of gas, Xmode when in mud or snow, stereo options fantastic, still have a CD slot for play.
About the only issue I would like to see corrected is when the back seat windows are down, front ones up, an event called wind tunneling occurs. It causes intense ear pressure, and a throbbing effect/shaking the inside of the vehicle. Only solution is to crack a window up front a bit to reduce cabin pressure. This happens in most SUVs because of the sleeker aerodynamics outside the vehicle. Hmmm.

Had to give mine to my son because I can no longer drive. He in turn gave his to his wife. I was sorry to see it go. A sorta Volkswagen it was superbly spacious and comfortable but on the downside servicing was expensive. Fuel consumption was not bad for a big lump at around 18 mpg.

I certainly don’t, when this thread was started I had a tiny Mitsubishi Colt, these days I have an Isuzu D Max a completely different type of car with a turbo diesel. The only thing I dislike about it is that it doesn’t have a limited slip diff.

I know what a Diff Lock is, but …