What book are you reading now?

I have just finished reading this book but hadnt read No time for goodbye but it was brilliant - we are passing it round our office and all the ones who have read it so far had really enjoyed it

Glad you enjoyed it too Welshie :slight_smile:
Ive read most of his books and will say that they all follow a similar line but are very readable and enjoyable…
Im now going to begin reading Stephen Kings Bazaar of Bad Dreams,hes one of my favourite authors so looking forward to a very enjoyable read.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/books/2015-11/Nov16/bazaar-of-bad-dreams-xlarge.jpg

Don’t think I’ll be attempting Pillars of the Earth any time soon… but I’m enjoying hugely Ken Follet’s WHITEOUT…great story well told.

Ken Follet, ‘Fall of Giants’ now.

Ben Carson’s ‘Gifted Hands’. Very readable but he comes across as rather arrogant. (Not surprising, really.)

I have just started Carstairs - Hospital for Horrors by David Leslie … a bit of an insight into the treatment of the criminally insane, very disturbing.

That’s a big book!
Finished Whiteout…it would make a terrific film.

Vulcan 607.
It’s about all the preparation and execution of the bombing of the airfield at Stanley in the Falkland Islands in 1982, by a single Vulcan bomber.
Performing this was a far more complicated enterprise than you could imagine, the distance to be covered being 4000 miles each way (from Ascension Island) and requiring many air-to-air refuellings. Many other difficulties too, such as no satellite navigation or ground references (over open sea, of course) to guide them.
The Americans insisted that it couldn’t be done, but we showed them!

Those were the days when you could be proud to be British!

There was a programe on the TV about that. Very interesting and a job well done.

I’m also reading War & Peace. I used to think I would never get through it but watching the tv series has helped me remember the characters.

i’ve just started reading No Name Lane by Howard Linskey
it seems quite good - i only picked the book off the shelves as i got a friend on another site called Lane :lol::lol:

Am I the only one who reads several books at a time?

Ive got an Ian Rankin (Rebus) novel on the go.

The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat and Other Clinical Tales Oliver Sacks
and The demented brain (dealing with problem behaviour) Vd Plaats and De Boer.

Ian Rankin is fun and the other two are insightful…

i can only read one book at a time as i would forget characters and storylines :shock:

When you get as old as me, you’ll forget characters and storylines when you’re reading only one book!

No I also read a few books at a time it depends on what mood I am in as to what I want to read.

I am half way through The Lake House by Kate Morton it has 600 pages so will take me a while.

I am reading at work The Sunrise by Victoria Hislop

and on my ereader I am reading:
A Second Chance by Jodi Taylor - very small writing so need to be a bit awake to see this - tried to change the font but it wont let me. and
Cappuccinos, Cupcakes and a Corpse by Harper Lin

They are all so different so don’t get them mixed up.

Gracious, I couldn’t possibly do that I’d get in a dreadful muddle!!!
I’ve read the Hislop, it’s a real eye opener about the history of Cyprus and the political struggles, I had no idea…:shock:

And I’ve also read several books by Kate Norton but I’m not sure I’ve read this one…Her stories are always captivating.

Do you keep a record of books you’ve read?

I’m another one who couldn’t possibly concentrate on more than one book at a time. I’ve read ‘The Island’ by Hislop but nothing more recent by her. May have a look. Just started ‘Guns, Germs and Steel’ by Jared Diamond. I read part of it a few years ago and the book disappeared, so getting back into it.

I used to keep a diary of the books I’d read and give them a star rating but I’ve read so many that the diary began to look like an encyclopedia.!

I am keeping a log of the books that I have read over the last few years, but when I get new ones I try not to go back more than a couple of years anyway.

I agree the Sunrise is a big eye opener about what occurred in Greece.

The Kate Morton book I found a bit difficult at first because it keeps going back in time and then forward in time. Remembering who everyone was a challenge. But once I concentrated moving on quite quickly with it now.

It helps that hubby is at work three nights a week so I get a bit of reading in.

Sorry for the above and putting Greece when I obviously meant Cyprus.