What book are you reading now?

Coffin Road by Peter May. He just gets better.

Have read lots of modern best sellers recently, but rediscovered my four Clare Francis novels on my shelf the other day.
Remember her? Round the world yachtswoman… she wrote a series of cracking stories, Night Sky is the one I’m currently enjoying again, a gripping novel set in wartime Brittany.

Anyone read any Ken Follet?

Yes loads. I can’t remember which ones but I believe I have read most.
At present reading.
Communication raid by Jon Gliddon.
It is a free download from Amazon for kindle.

Im reading Stalingrad` but also a book on improving my bridge.

I’m reading, “The Devil’s Ribbon” by D.E.Meredith
1858 Historical thriller set in London.

‘The Eagle Has Landed’.

As in most cases, it contains far more of the real story compared to the film.

I 've recently read Jackdaws which I enjoyed. It’s about a young woman who becomes a spy and the small team she leads in a daring mission in occupied France in WW2.

Amongst my collection of Ebooks I have found some of Ken Follet that I have not read, so I have put them onto my kindle. When I finished what I am reading, I shall start one.

Someone recommended Pillars Of The Earth, which is why I asked.
It’s huge!! Yesterday I downloaded Whiteout which has good reviews…

I concur. Pillars of the Earth is excellent and combines human history and architecture/building.

I’m reading How not to be wrong: The Hidden Maths of Everyday Life, the Aeneid and Friend and Foe - a Huw Cullen mystery by Shirley McKay, the last two being on my Kindle.

I have just finished ‘Jackdaw’ that was mentioned by Barcad. Great story. I have now started ‘Paper money’ also by Ken Follet.

Glad you enjoyed it Emjay.

I’m reading “Dodger” by James Benmore. It’s what the Artful Dodger got up to after “Oliver Twist”. A bit like the Dickensian TV series. Very enjoyable.

Have just read To Kill a Mocking Bird - Harper Lee, enjoyed it despite a few critics on this thread! :wink:

Am currently reading Small Sacrifices - Ann Rule … back to true crime…

Im almost at the end of a long running book …called No Safe House by Linwood Barclay crime thriller and very good :slight_smile:
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqF21uak3Bi2jPKV0VUy8SYZ0_UCVK0DxZtc6Qqq0P5SlmWnv0
The New York Times bestselling author delivers the follow-up to No Time for Goodbye—an electrifying novel of suspense in which a family’s troubled past is about to return in more ways than one. And this time, they may not be able to escape

I’m reading The Catcher in the Rye at present.
Up to now, can’t say that I am impressed, it is a very odd way of telling a story and I’m finding it difficult to get going.

I finished ‘Paper money’ by Ken Follet, now reading ‘Found money’ that was a freebie from Amazon.
I would mention that a short while back I did read ‘To kill a mockingbird’ as it was being discussed on here. I thought it was OK, and I would have given it 9 out of 10.

Bill Bryson, The Road to Little Dribbling. A good laugh.