What are you miserly about? What won't you spend money on?

The Scotsman again. I do spend money on some things. Nothing flashy and I rarely need to wear new clothes. One thing is my boots. I walk a lot so I wear excellent outdoor boots. Grisport they are. Not exactly cheap at at around one forty squid but I have others that were twice the price and not as good.

Haircuts. I won’t pay stupid prices for what is usually a small trim.

1 Like

Over priced pre-loved teddy bears, Sindy dolls or other collectible items, I want them as cheap as possible. I don’t buy if they aren’t a reasonable price, no matter how much I want a particular one.

I hate it if I shop around for the best price for something I want then I see it advertised for less than I paid…really annoying. It happened to me recently with a coffee machine… grrrr

I refuse to spend more than a fiver on a kindle book.
That’s what the local library is for!

carrier bags

2 Likes

Anything from M&S!

casual labour , Ive just had a leaflet through the door, £20 per hour for house cleaning and £25 per hr for Garden maintenance… such a rip off .

I refuse to buy Carrier bags advertising that i shop here there and every where.
An old holdall does the job.

Lawyers !! :frowning::frowning:

Dean charges us £12.50/hr for that.

1st class stamps I’m a 2nd class gal

1 Like

I agree.

The last time I shopped in M&S most of their stuff was British made, and they were still allowed to use the brand names St Michael and St Margaret without fear of offending people!

1 Like

Hi

Any of the big coffee shop chains, Starbucks, Costa etc.

Very high prices for stuff that is not very good.

3 Likes

I will just say. A ducks butt has nothing on me. Won’t say I’m tight, because I’m xxl tight. In fairness though, I have had to scrimp & scrape most of my life, things have never come easy to me. It could be said, one of life’s. Professional losers. But ever the eternal optimist.

I was thinking about the over priced rubbish in the food hall :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Coffee out. Of course I do it sometimes but the price always makes me wince!

A Costas and a toasted teacake in an office I visited yesterday cost me a fiver😡

yes id be happy paying that.

Good man

1 Like

One thing I really should invest in - is a new keyboard - most of the letters have worn off this one - which results in some seriously weird spellings!