What are you miserly about? What won't you spend money on?

Cleaning detergents! A bit of elbow grease never hurt anyone…

1 Like

Please can you share an example of your penmanship? :heart_eyes:

I would if I could, but I do not own or need a copier in my home. I did have one many years ago and the with the loss of Windoze XP, that copier also became redundant and I could not justify it’s replacement with something that was seldom used.

1 Like

I’m guessing no smartphone then either? If you had one of those, you could just take a picture and upload it.

I also don’t have a working printer, but the scanner on my old printer still works, so if you have any scanners around, that could work too.

Not trying to push you into uploading a picture. I’m in the same boat as you and wondering how I would solve that.

That is huge NO! I refuse to own a smartphone just to conform to the way ‘society’ is trying to mould us. I have no need for such an intrusive device as my dual SIM Nokia 130 serves all my needs inc my recorded music when I’m out & about.

2 Likes

Blimey, Tabs, they are probably the largest food and “stuff” manufacturers going.

1 Like

Taxis I never take them.

True - avoiding them is difficult but I try my best.

Everything at the moment!
I’ve certainly never struggled financially since joining the labour force (aged 22) but whenever inflation rises (although never has it been like this) I take to the “I’ll play you at your own game” mindset.
It always cheers me greatly to survive on very little but still be able to put plenty aside for things that are important

1 Like

The Scotsman again. I do spend money on some things. Nothing flashy and I rarely need to wear new clothes. One thing is my boots. I walk a lot so I wear excellent outdoor boots. Grisport they are. Not exactly cheap at at around one forty squid but I have others that were twice the price and not as good.

Haircuts. I won’t pay stupid prices for what is usually a small trim.

1 Like

Over priced pre-loved teddy bears, Sindy dolls or other collectible items, I want them as cheap as possible. I don’t buy if they aren’t a reasonable price, no matter how much I want a particular one.

I hate it if I shop around for the best price for something I want then I see it advertised for less than I paid…really annoying. It happened to me recently with a coffee machine… grrrr

I refuse to spend more than a fiver on a kindle book.
That’s what the local library is for!

carrier bags

2 Likes

Anything from M&S!

casual labour , Ive just had a leaflet through the door, £20 per hour for house cleaning and £25 per hr for Garden maintenance… such a rip off .

I refuse to buy Carrier bags advertising that i shop here there and every where.
An old holdall does the job.

Lawyers !! :frowning::frowning:

Dean charges us £12.50/hr for that.