What are you having for lunch/dinner? (Part 2)

Todays lunch & dinner combined was using up what I had -
A friend brought me some home-grown yellow and green courgettes and eggs from her happy hens, so I used some of those with some of my own small tomatoes to make a frittata, with some cooked new potatoes left over from yesterday, served on top of a bed of mixed salad leaves and coleslaw.,
It was rather tasty.

I just have to think of some more ways to use up the rest of these lovely courgettes - one of them looks nearly as fat as a marrow , so Iā€™m thinking of stuffing it with a veggie-bean mix and baking it - any recipe ideas?

3 Likes

It sounds delicious!

1 Like

Had a go at making a vegan ā€œchickenā€ and veg pie with a white sauce made from soya milk and marg rather then butter and milk/cream and using most of the ingredients with real chicken and ham for the meat eaters in a separate pie. All washed down with a magnum of bolly! Had worse! :grinning:

3 Likes

Those pies look so pretty - I can see the cattle and pig on one of the pie crusts, how clever! I presume thatā€™s the meat pie.

Iā€™m struggling to make out the pastry characters on the other pie - are they little human figures?

It looks an impressive feast. :yum:

Haha yeah there is a ā€œVā€ for vegan on the top pie and little cartoon characters.
The K is my mateā€™s initial and the pigs and cows were his way of saying ā€œmeatā€.
He doesnā€™t cook at all so getting some pastry shapes was a bit of a result! :grinning:

(The mash was also vegan and had two bulbs of raosted garlic mashed up into it. Yum! )

1 Like

That looks a cracking feast! :+1:

@Boot My niece has also been given courgettes and made this the other day lovely Creamy courgette lasagne recipe | BBC Good Food and having been given a portion i have to say it was lovely. She plans to make this this week as well Courgette curry recipe | BBC Good Food and also Crispy courgette chips recipe | delicious. magazine (deliciousmagazine.co.uk)

@Kazz - those recipes all sound gorgeous. Thanks for these. :+1:
I have all the other ingredients for these recipes, so Iā€™ll be giving them a try.
Cheers! :+1:

1 Like

@Boot Yes have to say the "BBC good food! site is good you can just offer a ingediant and it offer you recipes.

1 Like

Blackberries for supperā€¦defo no rhubarb!

Boot, have you ever tried ā€œSupercookā€

You input whatever ingredients you have to hand and it finds you meals & recipes based on them. I love it! Thereā€™s a phone app too.

I havenā€™t heard of that site before @PixieKnuckles
Iā€™ll have a look at it - thanks :+1:

1 Like

Hi

Told I had to eat today after only eating 9 plain biscuits over the weekend, my intestine has erupted again and I am losing loads of fluids again

I am somewhat fed up

1 Like

:hugs:

Are you able to keep down liquids, Swimmy? Iā€™m thinking soup or something? plain biscuits wonā€™t get you strong and out of bed.

Hi

Soup goes straight through and produces more liquid and dehydrates me.

The dry plain biscuits where the idea of a different doctor and worked.

1 Like

You need some good old fashioned Scottish Porridge. Sticks to your ribs that stuff! :joy: No salt, no sugarā€¦maybe some honey drizzled over it. :+1:

Hi

It would have to be simply oats and water, no milk

1 Like

Okā€¦well, that would workā€¦energy is energy. And oats are good for you.

If you go down this route, you need to wear a kilt thoughā€¦:+1: :wink:

Still no real appetite so Iā€™m on an enforced diet.

We had brilliant chicken. Tender and very succulent. The girls loved it even the the younger one and she is a picky eater.