What are you having for lunch/dinner? (Part 2)

Something that comes out of a cardboard box.

Luncheon = Homemade celery soup and crusty bread.

Dinner = sausage, egg, and chips

Chicken Kiev, Jacket potato, Spicy Marrow

1 Like

Salad, salad - and more salad!

1 Like

Today? Fresh Cromer crabs (visiting fishmonger) and chopped green salad for brunch and our evening meal is fresh Suffolk ham with a green salad. Too damned hot for anything else.

2 Likes

Iceland Scarily Spicy Carolina Reaper Chicken Wings, three quid a bag.
I just canā€™t resist them!
I also use the bones to make a stock.

Iā€™ve never tried fresh Cromer crab although Iā€™d like to.
I saw some live edible crabs and lobsters in a tank at Borough Market recently. Some of the lobsters were huge, I donā€™t have a pan big enough, anyway knowing Borough Market I dread to think how much they cost.

Cromer crabs are not particularly big ā€œbrownā€ crabs with a wonderful flavour. They can be bought in some supermarkets or even mail order but the postage cost is a bit high because of the insulated packaging.

1 Like

Today? For brunch the Memshab made a Russian style borscht last night and left in the 'fridge overnight to become cold for today. ā€œDoorstepā€ of wholewheat bread and weā€™re soon going to be good to go. For evening meal itā€™s a lobster and four scallops each from the same van we bought the crabs from yesterday, and cold buttered toast.

A corned beef sandwich for lunch. Probably salmon for dinner tonight.

Luncheon = Scrambled eggs with chives, basil and tomatoes on wholemeal toast.

Dinner = Homemade chicken kiev, with cauliflower, brocolli, carrots and baby potatoes.

Pudding = Fresh fruit salad and homemade ice cream.

For dinner Iā€™m having roasted veg with spicy lentils
I had two bagels for breakfast, and fruit for lunch.

1 Like

Salmon salad for dinner tonight.

Yes, I remember seeing them on the fishmongers slabs in Cromer many moons ago. Now that you mention it I donā€™t remember them being particularly large.

I really must get back up to Cromer again, Sheringham and West Runton too.

Homemade Sausage Stew.

For brunch - Viennas and Sauerkraut. For evening meal - donā€™t know yet! Probably smoked cod roe on toast and MUCH too much butter.

Lunch, just had scrambled egg of toast.

Not sure about tonight yet, some sort of fish with salad I think.

Something quick and simple like me. Fish & chips I think. My own of course, not shop bought.

Iā€™ve got a pack of chicken drumsticks in the fridge.
Probably go for a marinade, itā€™s a case of whatā€™s in the larder.
I have a jar of Dijon mustard, some Chianti wine vinegar, citrus fruits and more jars of dried herbs than I can remember.

What could possibly go wrong!

1 Like

Luncheon = Piece of mature cheddar and a handful of red grapes.

Dinner = Tuna, tomatoes, mushrooms, and onions topped with macaroni cheese and served with carrots and brocolli

Pudding = remainder of fresh fruit salad from yesterday.