What are you baking today?

I have made this chocolate cake and scones,for my elderly friend today.

Chocolate Cake.

That looks lovely Pauline ,bet your friend was right chuffed with it.:slight_smile:

Very very nice and I actually got a slice this time too. Like a light ginger cake I thought, tasty.

Thanks Aysa,so nice to see you,:hug:ā€¦,I made them today,she gets it tomorrow,she has visitors on Tuesday,I think she is going to tell them,she baked it,:lol:

Scones.

Those are some cracking scones Paulineā€¦I can never get mine to rise like thatā€¦whats your secret? lol

Goats cheese/red onion/ thyme tartsā€¦:slight_smile:

They do look lovely Pauline :slight_smile:

I made some scones yesterday but didnā€™t have any jam (I find jam too sweet) so cooked and pureed some damsons from the freezer with just a tiny amount of sugar and put that on them with unsalted butter and it was yum :slight_smile:

Those tarts look divine,Meg,did you use short crust pastry and did you cook them in muffin tins?

I donā€™t roll my scones,Aysa,I pat them,to about an inch and a half,make a circle then use a pastry cutter,job done,brush tops with egg,if making cheese ones,I put a sprinkling of cheese on top,takes about ten minutes in the oven.

I am going to make a sausage and egg pie tomorrow,with short crust pastry.

Hi Pauline yes thin short crust and little bun tins not muffin tins :slight_smile:

Sorry Aysa,I have got the measurements wrong,I meant 3 cm,

Thanks Meg,I will make some and freeze them.

My new oven and hob are being delivered Thursday and it depends when the electrician I have chosen for the hard wiring can call round to install both for me.

Then, I look forward to doing much, much more cooking than I have done, seeing as I only have the table top oven and a stand alone hob, for now. Been without the oven for a number of years. The mini oven is useless at cooking batter/Yorkshire pudding, for instance. So more yorkies, more toad in the holes. I could do bread. I could do tarts, pies, cakes. Oh I canā€™t wait.

Will get me train ticket and come and see you when the cookers are installed. Will bring me plate, knife & fork too Jan darlinā€™ ;-):lol::wink:

Oh I know you are quite capable of cooking terrific meals for yourself, UJ! :lol: itā€™s a wonder we donā€™t all head down to yours.

Have large cauldron of stew I made yesterday - there wasnā€™t room for dumplings, but after I ate some yesterday - have now made some suet dumplings which I will cook as the stew reheats for lunchtime today.

I have baked this sponge,it doesnā€™t have any butter in it,ā€¦I must say I prefer it,as it is much lighter!.

Apple and rubarb crumble .