What are you baking today?

Yes you are right Judd. My mistake. Currants not currents. :lol:

I tweaked this recipe to make it gluten free.

Zuchinni muffins

http://i64.tinypic.com/3533y3d.jpg

Perhaps add a little more milk or could it be just slightly over cooked ? I know since we changed to a fan oven we have to adjust a lot of recipes.

Apple raisin and cranberry tray bake, and a coconut and cherry one. Will put a little water icing on them both.

Sounds yummy!.:slight_smile:

A few sweet loaves for my man.

Yum,yum,post some pics,Julie and Bratti.:slight_smile:

This:

BREAD PUDDING

ingredients

6 - 8 slices (stale???) bread
4 - 6 oz Dried mixed fruit
2 (large) eggs
3 - 4 oz (dark) Muscavado sugar
1/2 Pt fresh orange juice
Cinnamon
Allspice
Mixed Spice

METHOD:

Rip bread into small pices and place in a mixing bowl. Add the orange juice and allow bread to absorb the juice. Add the eggs and dried fruit and stir. Add the sugar and spices and stir vigerously once more. Pour/scrape the ingredients into a shallow oven dish (a pyrex dish is perfect for this). Place in a warm (190 o C) for approx 50 - 60 mins until cooked. Allow to cool for a while and can be served either warm (NB - warm NOT hot) or cold. Delicious warm in a dish with custard too.

I always put black treacle in my bread pud (reducing the sugar). I use a Mary Berry recipe but adjust it slightly, omitting the dried fruit. I also soak the bread in milk.

Yes I use milk too, orange juice sounds interesting though.

Just made the Christmas Cake! (And got 6 little ones extra, as there was too much for the cake tin! Ate one last night -yum!) :slight_smile:

All this talk of food,has got my taste buds going,all sounds so scrummy!.

Made this today,chocolate fondant pudding,with vanilla ice cream.

:cry: Where’s my bit ???

This recipe sounds Devine,UJ,I will make it today and post a pic,I just hope I don’t eat it all!.:lol::lol:

Has anyone here made Baklava?
Got these from Lidl.

Had a slice of this for tea very nice Mary Berry’s Lemon Drizzle Cake | Baking Recipes | GoodtoKnow

A Christmas tradition I started in 1981 and made these every year. Each year the list of people gets bigger but I have to admit that they are fun to make . Unfortunately my awesome 25 year old mixer broke so I’ve had to make all these by hand.

They are in freezer bags to keep them fresh.

Just popped into the oven my first attempt at a yorkshire parkin. Smells lovely hopefully when it comes out will taste the same way.

How did your Yorkshire Parkin turn out,Julie?..:slight_smile:

They look yummy!..Bratti.:slight_smile: