What are you baking today?

I love to bake,chocolate cake today,with a ganache filling and topping,:slight_smile:

1 Like

That sounds lovely Pauline :slight_smile: sadly I rarely eat cake these days, I need to keep my weight well down for health reasons.

That doesn’t stop me baking for the family though, I have been bread making all morning after a fresh batch of yeat arrived yesterday. Also made little chocolate and hazelnut cakes and gingerbread men for the grandchildren.

I am shattered now after standing so long on my bad leg and I still have to walk Chloe.

Meg,I know you are a master baker,your children are so lucky,that you bake for them,sounds delicious ,…as for the weight issue,I have the same problem,I know I shouldn’t do it,but I have starved myself,for the last two days,just so that I can have a huge piece of cake after supper tonight,:lol:…sorry to hear about your leg,rest up tonight,…because I know you never stop.:slight_smile:

Chocolate Ganache cake,with maltesers on top,I hope Floydy doesn’t see this!.:lol::twisted:I am just going to pop it in the fridge,to harden up.

That looks lovely Pauline :slight_smile: don’t eat it all at once :lol:

Not baking today Pauline…but when I do it will be apple cake or ginger loaf or cheese scones,I bake those quite a bit :slight_smile:
Your Malteser cake looks good but I dont eat chocolate cake…now if it was lemon drizzle cake lol :slight_smile:

Made an apple and sultana cake was going to have a little sliver but between grace Nathan and my husband they seem to have cleared the lot.

Thats a seal of approval then Julie lol :slight_smile:

Ive stopped baking for a while as my hens aren’t really laying at the moment but still spending my day off in the kitchen cooking for the next few days as Ill be later home

When I was a cook,Aysa,I used to bake lemon drizzle cake,the residents loved it,:slight_smile:

Sounds nice,Julie,I’ve never made it,I love sultanas and apple,:slight_smile:

I bet they did too Pauline!..Its a popular bake…I mustnt bake it tho as Id probably eat the whole lot to myself.:shock:

Do the fresh eggs make a difference,Missy?..when baking?

I know what you mean,I have done that a lot with biscuits and crisps,I’ve had to stop buying than,:lol:…

Well these eggs do. Not only are they fresh, they have a taste and a colour about them. You do have to carefully weigh them though as they are all different sizes and if you aren’t careful your cake can taste of omelette :lol:

Plus I bake to use them up

A jacket potato.:lol: I try not to bake.

Banana Bread for my husband cause he deserves it

That’s a fine looking chocolate ganache cake Pauline. Well done. :mrgreen: I am also baking gingerbreads. From now to Christmas I make them for friends and family. It’s tradition.

Happy Baking Everyone.

It looks 'good enough to eat ’ Bratti :smiley:

Today’s bread which is mainly for toast, I usually eat brown or sour dough made with a mix of flour.

Thanks Meg. Yours too. Love fresh made bread toast but then again, I like freshly baked anything. :lol: