What appliance would you have the hardest time doing without?

I say microwave too because it’s the quickest way to warm up food. I am always in a hurry. LOL.

2 Likes

Washing machine of course…

1 Like

A ‘New World’ gas fired grill…It produces the best toast on the planet, second only to an open coal fire…

I love toast and have it most days…Here is a slice of Warburtons Wholemeal Bread carefully covered with Clover Buttermilk Spread and topped off with ‘Cottage Delight’ original strawberry jam…Yum!
:yum:

3 Likes

Looking good Foxy, looking good! :+1:
Nothing personal I hasten to add but the tea looks somewhat anaemic, I thought Yorkshire tea was supposed to be proper strong!! :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks Chilli none taken… :+1:
Ah yes the tea…My daughter thinks it’s funny because I don’t like strong tea, she sups builders tea… :stuck_out_tongue:
I suppose I drink tea for it’s thirst quenching properties not necessarily for the taste…

2 Likes

Ah yes… builder’s tea, as my dad used to say Sgt Major’s tea being an ex army man :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

When I was a kid toast was something you had to revive stale bread, these days people use fresh bread to make toast.

I am very fond of my Breville sandwich press which basically toasts a sandwich as opposed to my sandwich maker which also presses the edges together and seals the sandwich.

This…

as opposed to this…

I have both but I could live without either

3 Likes

Isn’t it customary to have things spilling out of a well stacked salad sandwich Bruce?
We used to have a Breville toasty sandwich maker, but after the newness wore off it ended up languishing in a cupboard for a while until it went to the charity…

1 Like

We have a new toaster arriving today, the old one gave up the ghost a few weeks ago and I thought, as did my son that we wouldn’t bother with getting another one.
Bad decision! Anyway the Russell Hobbs is on its way with extra wide slots to accommodate bagels, buns, crumpets and nice slabs of bread for door step toast! :drooling_face:

2 Likes

My mouth is watering as we speak Chilli… :yum:

1 Like

When my kids were little I had Breville four sandwich maker, it is probably at the bottom of a cupboard somewhere still. It was in use almost daily

I still use the two sandwich one. It is the best way to make a hot cheese and baked bean sandwich that doesn’t end up dripping down your front.

The sandwich press is better for thick sandwiches with lots of ingredients, as you say stuff does fall out but easy to stuff back in. I probably use one or other of them a couple of times a week, they sit on top of the microwave with the toaster so are close at hand.

There is also a cheap $17 sandwich maker I carry in my camper - always makes a good evening snack.

3 Likes

I have a sandwich maker somewhere .
I wish I knew where because I miss it .

3 Likes

My hearing aid…

2 Likes

My husbands recliner relaxer chair,
Saves me from keep getting him up and down or standing up from a normal chair, so defiantly no 1 as a needed item

1 Like

My condom dispenser :flushed: :grinning:

2 Likes

Oscilloscope…

2 Likes

Get the snip EZ it has saved me a fortune over the years… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Haha , my thoughts exactly
My sister lives oop north, yorkshire ,
And her tea is like Pxxs ……yuk

3 Likes

Oooh dear you’ve done it now! :rofl: :wink: :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

This is an underrated piece of kitchen equipment, something I use every day.

2 Likes