Well The Panic Buying has Started

Just an observation being that red diesel was mentioned. Sun light seems to rapidly degrade the dye added to gas oil (red diesel). Now, I’m not advocating any member tries this and then puts the 2 gallon plastic can-full into their tank; oh no, its just an observation :innocent:

@MrFraggle67
Just wonderin, why is the emulsion worn away on the wall, near the cistern button, on your toilet window photo? :biking_man:

1 Like

Obviously I am unable to decorate the bathroom as it is full of toilet rolls an essential purchase. :rofl:

Oh good, noting to do with an aiming problem then? :smiley:

1 Like

Maybe a pebble-dashing problem then? Just saying like :whistle:

Well, no one else will ever know, but, what has gone on the record is, for emulsion erosion to exist like that, in that area, there has been some frantic desperate toilet button pressing going on!!!

Hi

Both Tescos and Morrisons petrol stations are closed this morning.

On the red diesel thing, sunlight weakens the dye but it will not touch the chemical marker,

You can remove the colour using an acid or alkali which renders the dye colourless, or by stripping the dye from the diesel using activated carbon. But that does seem a bit of a faff and of course it is illegal.

It’s easier just to claim that you, accidently, poured a can of the wrong diesel into your car.

You know, from the cans of diesel in your farm sheds!

According to my local area Facebook page there does not seem to be any queuing for fuel at supermarkets or petrol stations. I am in Edinburgh so maybe it is an English thing?

Hi

The big Supermarkets are all closed here for fuel.

I have enough diesel for my needs for the next two weeks.

I am not worried.

From…Stalkers Transport Services Ltd.

Petrol tanker drivers have an ADR qualification as well as a HGV licence. They need this for them to drive fuel tanker lorries.

There is a shortage of HGV drivers. That’s a true fact.

However, HGV drivers can’t drive a petrol tanker lorry without having an ADR qualification.

The UK had ADR drivers last week. Nothing changed much in a week. Maybe some holiday or some sickness but not, I doubt a dramatic change.

The ADR drivers that were driving last week are probably driving this week delivering fuel so nothing changed much.

The petrol panic we are now experiencing is all down to media hype.

It’s not because of Brexit, because all the EU drivers went back to Europe which is some of the reasons being banded about.

These EU HGV drivers left months ago, and yet the country was still getting fuel without problems up until today.

So what’s changed? NOTHING !!

Apart from the disgraceful media hype and scaremongering to make news to sensationalise the fact that a couple of petrol stations were getting a late delivery so they closed temporarily.

The result of the media scaremongering!!

Massive panic and chaos by everyone which is now causing a shortage of fuel until the ADR drivers, that we already had delivering fuel a few days ago, can deliver again.

The media should be fined and penalised, severely for publicising false news and creating the crazy situation that has been going on all today. Disgusting. They should hold their heads in shame.

Right, look at what happened with the phone hacking inquiry, the press got away with it pretty much, very few recommendations /sanctions were actually put in place and as for the BBC, your are aware that they fervently believe they can do no wrong?

I’m simply re-posting the message that was put out by “Stalkers Transport Services Ltd.”
No need to have a go at me.

What! I wasn’t having a go, bloody hell.

Not the way it reads to me.

Okey dokey.

1 Like

@Rox , The report Stalkers gave out makes sense, petrol tanker drivers
don’t change jobs much as they probably get premium wages already due
to requiring extra qualifications ??
That report should be broadcast on all TV channels with immediate effect !!
And all car drivers should be issued with a sedative when filling up ??
Donkeyman! :-1::frowning::-1:

1 Like

I went out for petrol at 3ish to my local T
The only fuel left was E5, so I had to pay through the nose to make sure I can go teach some pupils!!!

I can’t post the link as I’m on the tablet and it refuses to let me copy the page address. But there’s now people fighting on the forecourt over fuel. This is getting way out of hand, it’s crazy.