Well The Panic Buying has Started

Well that didn’t take long did it. Stupid, selfish Idiots. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Media generated panic. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Just been to our local ASDA for shopping. And the queue for petrol is ridiculous. It’s causing chaos back out onto the main roads.

1 Like

Media inspired, good for the Oil Company.

Not so good for the driver (including lorries!).

But, if you don’t want to get left behind, you might have to join the queue!

Otherwise the Selfish will be driving by whilst the sensible will be walking!

1 Like

The cretins are out in force in Norwich. I have just got back from Asda, the supermarket is fin, but getting into the supermarket off the ring road is difficult, as the dim witted are all queuing, into the road & junction, to get petrol!!

Edited to add. Asda £1.31 per litre, the Esso just up the road, which normally sells at a very similar price is £1.37. So around £1.30 more per gallon.

1 Like

Same here for Esso, no ques either, supermarkets are 12 miles away, now after filling up are the panic buyers going to still drive and panic buy again.

@Chillie6 , Shades of toilet roll panics ??
What is it, about people now??
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

No not this time, photos say otherwise, also one of my sisters who was caught up in the traffic hold up.

Actially I blame Boris, He told us not to panic buy. :roll_eyes: Did he really think normal buying would be the order of the day after that announcement. HAH, No Chance. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Yes does seem that way. Wonder how many actually need petrol?

1 Like

I just got back from Feltham in West London.
Most of the garages I drove by had at least a few cars queuing on their forecourt some were on the roads.My main concern will be the health workers like myself who rely on my car to get to and from my patients,luckily I filled up a few days ago before Boris opened his big mouth.
It’s all this moral panic that the government is creating.

2 Likes

I’m just back from shopping, the usual fortnightly thing I do because our nearest decent supermarkets etc. are 30-odd miles away.
The shops were as usual (well-stocked too in fairness) but the petrol stations were manic!
I had a bit of a giggle with the Sainsbury’s cashier about it and they said there’s no shortage and that even going crazy-busy selling the stuff they aren’t going to run out.
Asda’s self-serve petrol station was the same & queues for both were long but I seemed to time my visit just right, which is unusual for me.
£1-30.7 per litre for unleaded if anybody’s interested which is about the same as I paid a fortnight ago when last I filled up.

1 Like

All will fine now as a government minister has told all the panic buying numptys to “Buy petrol as normal” so that should do it. :rofl:

2 Likes

And Grant Shapps has just come out with a classic……”don’t worry, there is plenty of petrol in the storage depots!”

Well, it ain’t fudgeing much use there, is it!! Needs to be in the filling stations so people can fill up!

2 Likes

Yes, first the Gas, now they are adding Fuel to the Fire.

3 Likes

It certainly has, I did try to get some fuel, but the queues were to far down the main road, I will travel by bus next week to visit my son.

1 Like

The idiotic fuel seekers have effectively blocked all the roads around our three supermarkets making it impossible to get into the stores for ordinary shopping and worse still, nobody can access the two GP’s medical practices or the flue vaccination centre. To add insult to injury, a Tesco tanker has been caught up in the blockage, so the whole situation will have to be sorted out by the police. We managed to turn around from the tail of one queue and headed off to a country lane based farm shop and bought most of what we sought within minutes of arriving. This government couldn’t organise anything without copulating it!! In future, PMQ’s should be held in a Big Top with the other clowns all around to applaud …eejits, the whole lot of them.

2 Likes

Hi

I drive very few miles, simply because every time I have a heart issue I cannot drive for 28 days.

My gas engineer is here, it took her 45 minutes to fill up at Morrisons this morning.

Give this government credit though, as soon as they announce there is no need to panic it has the opposite effect as nobody trusts them any more. :smiley:

1 Like

Most definitely! The credit is ALL theirs and wholly theirs🤬