"We'll forget her soon enough" Charles when Diana died, says Diana's brother

Was he using the royal “we” when he said it? Meaning “I” I’m sure he would want to forget her.
But I can’t imagine even him thinking her sons would.

1 Like

Have just read that this allegedly happened during a heated telephone call between Charles and Spencer. I suspect context and what led up to the outburst is somewhat important.

But, it does seem that faux outrage for financial gain is potentially genetically inherited at times.

2 Likes

Oh dear!,What a pathetic pair of Charlies…The tv show ‘Spitting Image’ comes to mind :laughing:

2 Likes

I think it’s actually from their Eton school days. It would appear that those in the remedial class only learn to conjugate the following…

Victima sum
Victima es
Victima est
Victima sumus
Victima estis
Victima sunt

May not be much, but it’s a fallback if one has to make a fast buck in the future.

The book is on order - i will publish my review in due course…

4 Likes

Bit of a pity that he and his nephew couldn’t bring themselves to donate the income from their books to related charities.

1 Like

Fairly sure Harry donated part of income from ‘Spare’ to a charity, not sure which one though, sorry. I’m sure the info is somewhere online. :+1:

1 Like

I stand corrected.

1 Like

Whistle-blower. Extraordinaire.
“Directly into Charles Ear”.
Protocol and D-Notices. Unravelled.
A Family v The Family. Exposed.

1 Like

Earl Spencer defends Diana! :laughing:
If he really cared about his sister he would keep his mouth shut and let her rest in peace .
Would definitely not be raking up a load of 30 year old twaddle.
I smell ££££ opportunity behind this latest offering, bet the earl could do with a bob or two with that mighty estate he has to maintain.
Yep it’s all about the money.

8 Likes

Totally not a Royalist and not taking sides with anyone just think its all a bit sad to have private family conversations sensationalised like this. But guess showing my age so many find this ‘over sharing’ is the new norm now.

3 Likes

Timeline.
Monarchy Advisers.
Advise.
“Complain Not”. “Explain Not”.
The Queen Confirms
.
The lid is on the Kettle.
The Truth. A D-Notice. Locked for 50yrs
Whistle-blowers’ and Investigative Journalist. Beware.

With “Reform” [The Word. Not The Party] And “Change”.
Freedom. Evolves.
The Truth Is Outed.

Legal Eagle’s v Publisher’s. Delighted.
As fiscal gains Sighted
The Public Excited.
That. The “TRUTH”. Is being Recited.

And We. The oi poli.
Have Factual.
Debateable “TRANSPARITY”.

2 Likes

Not spending money on the book when the Daily Mail is printing excerpts. (I read it free on PressReader).

2 Likes

The only problem i find with reading excerpts, is they tend to print ‘bits’ which need to be read in context to make any sense.

It won’t be that long before copies appear in charity shops at a fraction of the price.

4 Likes

Jilly Cooper still seems to going strong in charity shops…

2 Likes

Our ‘national treasure’. :+1:

I’m sure you’re right Anise!

My missus had most of her books, I vaguely remember having a quick look for the naughty bits? :thinking:

Ooh… the paper cuts!

2 Likes

@Anise1 Feel free to offer it to others on here via pm after you’ve finished it. Am more than happy to pay for postage and pass it on afterwards. This has the advantage of Spencer not getting a penny from me and others :wink:

2 Likes

Or just being a ‘scrooge’ :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

How very dare you ? :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

I’ll research the cheapest couriers. :wink::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes