"We'll forget her soon enough" Charles when Diana died, says Diana's brother

I reckon most people believe Diana’s brother…

4 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest.

Who was he on the phone to?

3 Likes

Call me sceptical but I can’t imagine Charles saying that … not because he didn’t think it but because he’d never be so indiscreet as to voice it.
He of all people must know how a loose tongue can come back to bite him on the bum.

But then I’ve never been fond of Earl Spencer.

8 Likes

Me neither. Darjeeling is much nicer :coffee:

3 Likes

Ha Ha … you know when I look at him now I can see Harry looks a lot like his uncle.

2 Likes

Some funny lines in this …

“You’re lucky your father isn’t around to see this” :rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

What I would like to know is the reason he waited almost 30 years to share this information - oh, I know he had a book to sell.

6 Likes

Mrs d00d does that: quotes me 30 years later. . . . . out of context.

3 Likes

He would have to write something sensational to sell the book, but I think people are no longer that interested. It might have had an impact 20 years ago, but of course he had to wait for the Queen to die.

7 Likes

He also had to wait until his nephew had run out of steam whinging on about the RF ad infinitum.

1 Like

yes and he had couldn’t really elbow it in during the duke formally known as Andrew saga or when Charles was having chemo. You can just see the publishers shaking their heads in despair each year.

3 Likes

Makes one wonder about the recent(ish) stuff about Harry taking his sprogs to see D’s grave.

High profile media, with a curiously opportune time to release a book a couple or so months later about her death. It’s almost as though it was planned.

2 Likes

you’d think he would have waited until the 30th anniversary next year

2 Likes

Presumably, and unfortunately, his grand nephews reached school age this year and so the whole thing had to be done prematurely.

Who knows? Maybe he was concerned as to just how big a tw@t he’d come across as (more than usual) if KC2 becomes even more ill by then.

It’s ridiculous to have something like a royal family these days.
It’s not good for anyone including them.

5 Likes

As a long term royalist, I’m kinda coming round to the view that it’s all a bit of quaint and twee old nonsense.

2 Likes

well it’s a bit like candy crush saga with the elected lot

1 Like

They are useful when the government wants to suck up to some foreign VIP.
But why they have one family who need to live in castles to do it is a mystery. :grinning:

it’s an “our royal family/ head of state is posher than yours” message

2 Likes

God only knows what a Darwinist would make of it all :wink::upside_down_face:

Hundreds of millions of monkeys hold a strain of partially inbred monkey(s) in high regard, for unfathomable reasons.

2 Likes