Welcome to my world! Succulents stolen!

Anyone who has a nice garden ornament around here has them chained to the ground .

That’s true Pauline. I babysat the little succulent babies and regrew some myself for 6 months. Hence my disappointment… us women can be rather sentimental creatures.

But, I since heard this type of theft is common place! Whatever is the world coming too!

2 Likes

It’s no wonder! A truly sad state of affairs

Yes, I have a six foot fence and gate that protects my garden and it’s ornaments, the gate is locked at night.

1 Like

So, you have no issues now Pauline? The entire incident has left me feeling rather vulnerable. There’s people snooping around at night and I sleep like a log :frowning:

Do you have dogs and or motion lights Minx?
I always thought that people in SA were very careful to have security.

1 Like

That is terrible…I do know of petty thefts when we lived in the UK…
sure France would be no better in busy places…Rural you can leave your doors open…know not to though…
Really sorry to get that bad news Minx…

1 Like

I have two dogs. Heard nothing.

I have roboguards (motion detectors) but that’s inside my property not on the roadside. Camera footage was inconclusive because it’s junk and I can’t speed the darn thing up to find the suspect/s.

I’m sure you understand why I won’t list any further security measures in the open forum :slight_smile:

Minx that is awful, you must be so upset! I know I would be - you spend time and money on your garden, and then some ba$tard thinks he can just help himself to the fruits of your labour :rage:.

Some good suggestions on here for replacement planting. I would definitely second pyracantha - it’s very attractive, but vicious!

1 Like

Thank you Bathsheba. My feathers are definitely ruffled by this incident

1 Like

You can borrow a couple of my baboon’s if you like. They are a primitive spider, rather than a tarantula & are normally a docile species, but can be quick to show a defensive posture, so tend to frighten people unnecessarily.

Thanks for your generous offer Gee. Spiders are a good idea!

:023:

I try to use natural, chemical free solutions to pests, in my garden.

1 Like

Guard :guardswoman: spiders :spider:
That’s perfect Minx.
That’ll teach ‘em. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Minx, that is really terrible. There are rather some nasty people. Where we lived we had two hanging baskets on our front door. A fey yobs decided they should them as footballs. I recovered them and fixed them with cable ties. Not so elegant but what else can you do?

1 Like

Thanks Visitor. I’ve taken some comfort in knowing that I’m not alone with this type of theft

1 Like

hard cop Minx but ya a fighter heh - the meek will inherit this world as one of my mates once said!

1 Like

Did they take the planters too Minx?

That’s terrible, nasty Scunners to do that. :scream: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Nope it’s a big heavy one…