Welcome to my world! Succulents stolen!

So, wonderful news!

My succulents were stolen from my roadside verge!

Welcome to SA! Where even your plants aren’t safe!

Spending my evening trolling through the security camera footage…

:010:

4 Likes

Oh what a shame, Minx :slightly_frowning_face:

There are some evil people around :angry:

2 Likes

I hope you catch the thieving b**tards Minx …you have to be low to steal plants :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Yes Mags. I really do need to stop being so naive and believing the world is as good as I’d like it to be.
I should have known better.

3 Likes

Thanks wishbone. I’m afraid it’s not going to matter much. Footage isn’t the best quality- oh well… a tough lesson learnt!

1 Like

It is the world over. Even lawns are stolen now.

1 Like

That’s a terrible shame but it happens all over the World I think, either idiots who have nothing better to do, for money. for spite or for themselves…will you plant again? I love succulents

2 Likes

Thanks Gee…who would have thought that grass isn’t even safe nowadays

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Apparently, so does everybody else :rofl:

Yes, I’ll have to replace plan A with plan B namely, cheap leafy plants or something.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Minx. You spent so much time and effort on getting that piece of garden looking nice. :slightly_frowning_face:

I’m really disappointed but, that’s life.
You win some,
you lose some and;
you’re confused by some…

Plan B to the rescue!

1 Like

How nasty. Hopefully it was kids whose minds haven’t quite matured yet. How disappointing.
I’m so sorry this happened to you. You’re so kind. It’s sad that you have to resort to less expensive plants that others won’t prefer.
I’m hoping it was mischievous kids and not selfish cheeky adults.

People can be so disappointing at times.

2 Likes

True about the lawns but even the paving slabs themselves are stolen, especially if they are York stone. Anything that has a value, and that’s most items, is open to being stolen. That’s our world today! :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Thanks Bratti - so sweet :hugs:

1 Like

Thank you Baz. I don’t feel like a total Chop now!

1 Like

So some ne’er-do-well has had his hands on your succulents, the scallywag.:smiley:

2 Likes

Sorry about that Minx. So awful to have your well tended and cherished plants stolen. You should get some more and fit them with a tracking device - a really nice tempting plant.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear of your loss.We actually grow a South African plant on our nature strip.The ubiquitous Agapanthus.It’s against council rules,they only want indigenous, but no one’s going to pinch them.

2 Likes

That’s not you by any means, assuming that ‘Chop’ is a kind of self-deprecating South African term when a person blames themselves!

There are some real ‘nasties’ in the world who do this kind of thing. It’s the same old answer to this from me, good upbringing is absent and punishment when caught is far too lenient, in this country anyway, don’t know about where you are Minx. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Lily of the Nile (African lily) will look awesome in that spot! And, ain’t nobody gonna steal em either… :037:

1 Like