Weird houses - what's absolutely necessary in a house?

These weird houses range from the tiniest to luxurious ones in caves to tree houses to tents that can withstand hurricanes to museums in old water towers. Some are so tiny, they can be moved easily or even carried in some cases.

Looking at these unusual houses, it made me wonder, what’s absolutely essential in a house? Heating/cooling? Toilet? Stove? Running water?

What could you not do without in a house?

2 Likes

I adore weird and wonderful houses, and decor. I think the one thing I couldn’t cope without, is a bathroom. Even if it’s just a toilet whisking the waste elsewhere. I could make a stove, keep warm, fetch water from a stream, but I couldn’t cope without a toilet. :toilet:

2 Likes

I hope this isn’t too off topic, but I found this newspaper article about weird houses that were on the property market

1 Like

Eww! Some of those pictures were yuck. Sort of the opposite of the OP. Most of the weird houses in the OP were weird on the outside but nice on the inside. These look weird on the inside. Definitely weird.

1 Like

But look :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Such great ideas here, and fabulous imagination!

We don’t have quite such vivid imaginations :joy:
https://www.quirkyaccom.com/uk

1 Like

I love the airplane one!

Many of the quirky vacation homes are so pretty.

1 Like

They are aren’t they…sigh I love the Portland one, its so colourful! Portland, Oregan is like that though isn’t it? Very creative and arty.

1 Like

Absolutely horrible!
Looks like a cross between wild camping and a goose turd.

1 Like

What a lovely way of looking at things…I do like your turn of phrase :smiley:

1 Like

If anyone has some time on their hands, I suggest giving this a watch…its incredible to see how the simple council house can be turned into a really interesting home!

It’s horrible, looks like a glorified tent, joyless.
If I had the option of owning a weird house I’d much prefer a poltergeist or two, not adverse to a grey lady or a mad monk either :wink:

1 Like

Hi

The only crucial things a house needs are, a loo, somewhere for my fishing tackle and a maggot fridge.

4 Likes

I do hope your maggot fridge is a separate thing from a regular fridge…! And locked, sealed, duct taped etc etc :smiley:

3 Likes

Maggot fridge …oh dear horror story .

2 Likes

Hi

Sleep well tonight thinking of that :relaxed:

Thank you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I for one will deffo not be giving any thought towards your maggot tackle. :wink::grin:

1 Like

Oh dear!

I vaguely remember when I didn’t seal the lid of my efgeeco bait box properly.
Ironically after that I was encouraged to keep my maggots in the fridge.
Can’t imagine why :slight_smile:

Hi
Well yes, unfortunately some ladies find it difficult to understand the importance of maggots in a meaningful relationship.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I’m going to spend the rest of the evening wondering how “maggots” and “meaningful relationship” can ever be in the same sentence…:017:

P.S Dear Butterscotch…I’m sorry your thread went off topic…its the boys y’see…mention maggots and they become 9 years old :roll_eyes:

2 Likes