We received our Notification of this year’s Winter Fuel Allowance this morning

You are lucky. I don’t get it anymore. According to the Conservatives I live in a warm place. The mendacious leaders of the UK have reformulated the regulations so that if I lived in Sicily I would get the payment but UK citizens who live in Dunkirk, and me in Herault, dont

The outdoor temperature is 2 centigrade.

No notification, but I see that £200 has been paid into my bank account.
This is good timing as I have just had the central heating oil topped up. Less than I thought at £223 - all that insulation that I installed is paying off.

So will I pay the fuel bill, or buy a case of wine and a couple of bottles of single malt ? Tough decision.

Oooh, suppose I could look at my account! No letter yet from them.

No. Nothing credited yet. :frowning:

I haven’t had a letter yet either, it is late this year. It seems a a bit of a waste of money sending the letters at all unless it is the first year someone is receiving the payment .

Its often put into our account and then a week later I get the letter to tell me they will be putting it in !!!

Last year it was paid into my account on 25th November so looks like it will be later this year.

My husband’s letter states :

“We are making these payments over a number of weeks from November so people may get their payment at a different time, even if they are living at the same address”

“This amount will normally be paid direct into your account within the next three weeks”

My husband’s payment has already been paid into the bank while I’m still waiting for my letter :lol: I’m not perturbed though as there was two weeks difference receiving our notifications last year! :smiley:

Pamann

:confused:
We have usually had ours by now last year it was 24th last year before 18th apparently they are late sending out the lettes. My view is they have had a year to do this.

No letter yet for us, but my mother had just had her letter and we usually get ours about three weeks later!

I’ve just read these posts and I was a bit worried. I felt sure that if there was a married couple living together then £200 was the qualifying amount - it was £200 for the two people.

I checked the internet and found a link. My hubby got a letter of notification and more or less at the same time £200 was paid into our account. I think you will find from the link that husband and wife do not get £200 each. In case that is what you thought.

You receive £200 winter fuel allowance per house - ie a person living alone receives £200 and a husband and wife receive £100 each. It is increased if you are over 80.

Well I got my £100 notification in the post this morning.
I expect my Wife will get hers in the next few days?

So ALL the £200 should go into my account though!:lol:

Ours came together a week ago.

Got my notification in the post too :slight_smile: it is nice to think I can turn the heating on without worrying about paying for it.

Not got mine yet, hubby’s had he’s for a week.:cry:

Same here Gabi :frowning:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Mags40/Catsey%20graphic/4.gif

Hurrah! Got mine today…gone straight in to my bank account, without any notification.

Transferred it to my savings a/c, awaiting the hefty leccy bill later.

:041: mine came yesterday…:lol:

I decided to look prompted by all of you and mine arrived today too :smiley:

Still waiting :102: