Washing Your Clothes

My machine is a cold fill.

1 Like

I can wash a summer 4tog duvet in my washer , anything any heavier i either take it to RSPCA or tip it .
Duvets are cheap enough to replace same as pillows , i can wash two pillows in my washer .

In winter I use a Tumble drier to dry, or radiators .

I dont think ive ever taken anything to the dry cleaners , but In my first years of marriage when i didnt have a washer i did use a laundrette.

Ive stopped useing powder and am now using those capsils or liquid .

1 Like

I am also using the liquid tabs,Eliza as I found the powder made the clothes very rough and stiff, I don’t use conditioner anymore.

1 Like

I stopped using fabric softener too , I think it was that ,that help make my washer stink , i think bacteria got trapped in the pipes by that

1 Like

My thoughts too, no smell since I stopped using it.:+1::+1:

We don’t actually see one either. It just looks like regular kitchen cabinet.

1 Like

It’s getting a bit long in the tooth now, but I would finitely get a top loader again much easier than all that crouching down, I am told they spin the clothes dryer than a front loader but I have no idea if that is true. My laundry is a bit crowded as you can see, apart from the laundry tub and the washing machine it contains my chest freezer and a linen cupboard, it could have been a bit bigger.

The clothes line is about 40 years old and I notice that it needs restringing again, the line is starting to look a bit furry where the plastic coating is wearing through. I had to change if from one of those old fixed galvanised ones because the kids wanted the space so I needed one like this that can be folded up or removed completely. You can’t beat a Hills hoist.

1 Like

Laundry is V’s job. I can’t even work the washing machine sadly.

1 Like

It’s worth buying a large capacity machine - the extra cost will be offset by sending larger items to a launderette.

1 Like

Made a blue today, lovely sunny day, should have got my washing done, rain and wind forecast for tomorrow not clearing up until Sunday arvo. Never occurred to me until this evening. Daft!

1 Like

I wash at home & sort my washing into these piles.

Hot temp white wash - towels
Med temp white wash - t shirts, tops etc.
Med temp Light coloured cotton wash
Med temp Dark coloured cotton wash.
Med temp Jeans
Low temp Light woolen wash
Low temp Dark woolen wash.
Low temp mixed acrylics

My washing machine is a Bosch slimline.
It won’t wash duvets or heavy blankets so I take them to the launderette.

1 Like

I would buy one, unfortunately I don’t have the room for one…

I’m thinking about buying a tumble drier and washing machine combined.

I had one years ago. It started smoking…so some kind of electrical issue I guess. I have a tumble drier but use rarely as I have plenty of outdoor (and indoor) space to dry and air clothes.

I have heard quite a few people advising me not to get a combined one, but if I stick with my insurance, there would be no problem as they would fix it.

But as soon as càll them out your insurance premium goes up.

Mine never has…only once a year, most put there prices up every year.

I’m very satisfied with my BG insurance.

I’ve certainly had my monies worth.

Everything goes in the machine, I rarely separate and has worked for me 99% of the time.

1 Like

Hi

The man has just been, he can fix the cooker at little cost, just a sensor.

The washing machine, a Bush, just out of warranty is not repairable at reasonable cost, it needs a new one, and he repairs, not supplies.

An internet day ahead.

Hi

Easy sort, got a replacement arriving Thursday, £270 including removal of the old one and fitting of the new one.

Happy with that.

We do have some odd topics :smiley: I hate the idea of laundries and my clothes going in with those of others.

I even used to take my own sheets to work when sleeping over.
One of my jobs at work was sorting out the returned laundry for 68 girls (another matron sent it off) . I hated that job, looking at name labels in clothes then sorting it them into piles and taking them up to girls bedrooms .
I even tried bribery, a sweet from the tin for any girl who collected her own pile of clothes.