Washing Your Clothes

Would you recommend Zanussi Tiff?

How old is it?..have you had many problems with it?

Never had a problem with it & guess, though not sure, it must be over 10 years old now, itā€™s the second one Iā€™ve had. In fact all my white goods are Zanussi.

1 Like

Thanks Tiff, I will recommend this make to my son.

1 Like

I guess it happens you can get a dud one, but so far all my appliances of science have been good. :grinning: And I touched wood

I know I am. Positively hilarious.

3 Likes

Very true, my first machine was a dudā€¦they all come off the production line, I was unlucky with my first one.

I bought the one I have now second hand, itā€™s over 10 years oldā€¦but it did have to have a new drum.

Washing machines and washing clothes rules, Ptsmthā€¦:joy::joy:ā€¦

My thread took off, I made sure of thatā€¦most replies are from me,:joy::joy:

1 Like

This is our washing machineā€¦

Washing machines and washing clothes rules, Ptsmth

I do find it interesting that automatic washing machines have changed lives particularly for women,My mother used to spend most of Monday with a wash boiler and mangle,much later a twin tub which was a zillion times better but she never did own an automatic.

2 Likes

Is that a dish washer Besoeker?
Iā€™ve never actually seen one.:slight_smile:
Apart from when I look in the mirror.

1 Like

The excitement!

I have just done my laundry so have recorded the event on my phone for posterity.

When I got up this morning it was sunny so I thought it was a good idea to do my laundry. So I bunged it all in my dear old Hoover washing machine (no, I donā€™t sort it), threw in a scoop of powder (blue tub beside the machine) and off it went.

When it was finishedā€¦

ā€¦the weather had taken a turn for the worse and it was completely overcast by the time I got it on the line.

All one can hope for is that it doesnā€™t rain before lunch and that it is dry by then.

3 Likes

I separate my washing: bed linen, dark, and light colours. I donā€™t have a duvet just a cover for one of my couches that is too large for the washing machine.
I had to find a laundrette that has 10kg washing machines with an extra large drum and door, which was hard enough because there arenā€™t many laundrettes anyway. So I take the cover there which is a hassle because thereā€™s no parking spaceā€¦
Mine is a Beko, about 6-8 years old. No repairs although frequently used. Iā€™m very satisfied with it. I hardly have a washing machine repaired anyway.

1 Like

Woah!!!..that looks a good machine Bruce, i see itā€™s a Hoover, thatā€™s another good make, I wish I had room for a rotary line like that in your garden, my garden is to smallā€¦thanks for sharing in this fun thread,:heartpulse:

Same here Dachs, we only have one laundrette, then I have to travel on the bus to get to it, as you say, many laundrettes are closing plus dry cleaners, Beko is another good make,I have a Beko fridgeā€¦

Thanks for sharing in this fun thread,ā€¦:heartpulse:

I like those top loaders Bruce I used to have one years agoā€¦you never see them here now.

Remember peopleā€¦wash bedding on the boil cycleā€¦kills bed bugs apparently not that Iā€™ve ever had them but there is supposed to be a lot aboutā€¦especially in hotelsā€¦feeling itchy now :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I had my two eldest sons, I had a twin tub, their baby clothes were washed by hand, nappies were boiled in the machine I think, for the life of me I canā€™t remember how I spun the clothes, I must have had a spinner, it changed in my 20s, thatā€™s when we bought an automatic washing machine, took ,so much hard work out of washing, ā€¦I did appreciate the hard days, it made me appreciate my easy life as it is todayā€¦thanks for sharing, Psmthā€¦I like these type of stories,:heartpulse:

Edit to add, itā€™s a shame your mother never got to own a automatic washing machine, Iā€™m sure she would have loved it.

1 Like

I have never even connected the hot tap to my washing machine, It is cold wash only.

My machine is a cold fill.

1 Like

I can wash a summer 4tog duvet in my washer , anything any heavier i either take it to RSPCA or tip it .
Duvets are cheap enough to replace same as pillows , i can wash two pillows in my washer .

In winter I use a Tumble drier to dry, or radiators .

I dont think ive ever taken anything to the dry cleaners , but In my first years of marriage when i didnt have a washer i did use a laundrette.

Ive stopped useing powder and am now using those capsils or liquid .

1 Like

I am also using the liquid tabs,Eliza as I found the powder made the clothes very rough and stiff, I donā€™t use conditioner anymore.

1 Like