Warning UK set for five years of lost economic growth

That’s three scapegoats, seems that everyday is a good day to bury bad news!

Is there any good news ?

Wait until tomorrow and there probably is since assessments keep changing.

2 Likes

Well since the interest rates went up I’m making lots of money…
:moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:
Cunard, here we come…
:passenger_ship:

Foxy, lets hope your kids don’t have to start an inheritance process in the near future :smiley: :icon_wink:

1 Like

I’m hoping to have used it all up by the time I shuffle off this mortal coil Spitty…
Wine, Women and Rock and Roll…Well… Mrs Fox and a small glass of red with my Sunday dinner…while listening to Max Bygraves or Des o Connor…
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Can’t be sure about this Foxy but know this was the case where shared equity was concerned , the lenders equity was always protected from property value downturns so, any older folk who have done equity release will feel the full financial force of a downturn whilst the equity provider will remain unaffected I would guess?

1 Like

Foxy I am seriously concerned for your health ….Max Bygraves and Des O Connor ???

1 Like

Sorry Muddy I was joking about the Max Bygraves and Des o Connor…
:nerd_face:
However, My Dad (bless his heart) left me his collection of Max Bygraves and Des o Connor LP’s when he passed away in 2009…Do you know anyone who might like to purchase said LP’s…Cos I haven’t got the heart to throw them away…
:slightly_frowning_face:

Would you like my mum and Dads collection of John McCormick and Val Doonican ?

1 Like

Thanks for the offer Muddy… :+1:
I’ve not heard of John McCormick, but I’ve got quite a few Val Doonican LP’s because my Mum loved him and I bought her a Val Doonican LP every Christmas, so I’ve got lots of those too if anyone is interested…

Irish Tenor beautiful voice

We’ll let you know…
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I had a look at more of the report than just where blame was placed. A lot of the rest covered how, as usual, the poor economic growth looks likely to extend two divides: north/south and poorly paid / well paid. So much for levelling up.

I always thought you had a criminal record foxy :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Poor man looks suicidal.

1 Like

Is that a question or an observation Primus?

Both…:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Well I’ve not got a criminal record Primus, but that’s only because they haven’t caught me yet…

That certainly doesn’t apply down here in my neck of the woods in West Sussex. A new joint venture with my S-i-L (Len) has taken off and doing very well. The only constraint so far is being able to source enough stock to resell. The 2nd hand car market around here is very buoyant with eager customers leaving their phone numbers for specific models as and when stock arrives. If the out of London economy is experiencing a down turn, I can see no evidence around here.