Walkers crisp supply disruption to last for weeks

Random (mildly off topic, sorry Omah) Did anyone put their empty crisp packets in a warm oven to shrink them to miniature size? They were so cute…I made a few key rings with mine, back in the day.

2 Likes

Sounds lovely though…we have crisp butties up here. (Or a roll & crisps, if feeling posh)

3 Likes

Gosh Pixie… that’s different! Where did you get that idea from?

2 Likes

Probably from Jackie magazine or something…I was about 14 or 15 when I did it… :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’d never heard of the practice but I’d guess that it originated from the popular “Shrinky Dinks” craft of the 1980’s … :slightly_smiling_face:

http://www.planet-science.com/categories/experiments/chemistry-chaos/2012/01/shrink-a-crisp-packet.aspx

I don’t think I’ll try it in my home … :081:

1 Like

Did anyone try sprinkling broken up cheese&onion crisps on top of dishes before browning off in the oven?

From Macaroni Cheese to Apple Crumble?

Just watch, folks will be panic buying “when it comes to the CRUNCH:biking_man: :grin:

1 Like

Still do! Not a crumble though! A fish or cottage pie, with more cheese, makes it yum. I bought a pack of panko breadcrumbs, as an alternative.

1 Like

Not on crumbleI don’t like the sound of that but I’ll try it on savoury stuff :slight_smile: :+1:

Excellent bit of free advertising, Walkers, you get the medal with coming up winning on the basis of a failure to deliver.

There’ll be several more of these, in the next few days?

Bit like scoring in a Fuel shortage, etc.

1 Like

I don’t care because I don’t eat Walkers crisps. I only ever buy Tyrrell’s or Kettle crisps - they’re far tastier and crispier.

2 Likes

My favourite crisps are Walkers Sour Cream and Chives. Not been able to get my hands on any for weeks. Will be having withdrawal symptons soon. :disappointed_relieved:
37349011_0_640x640.jpg_baked_sour_cream_and_chive__87556.1484060430

Of course, that’s a subjective view … :wink:

I prefer to make my own from parsnips thinly sliced on the mandolin and then flash fried :ok_hand::+1:

1 Like

Oh I do that! Except I oven crisp mine :+1:

I flash fry for speed to eat still hot …yummy!

1 Like

i just like dipping in a bag

That must be a ruddy big bag :wink:

… +1

I’ve never heard of Tyrrells Crisps but I find Kettles ones are too salty for me. :upside_down_face: