Walkers crisp supply disruption to last for weeks

The Leicester-based manufacturer confirmed products such as multipacks of ready salted crisps, Quavers and Wotsits had been affected by a recent IT upgrade.

A number of products are unavailable on the Tesco website and empty shelves have been seen in some shops.

The firm said it was prioritising production of its most popular crisp flavours. This includes cheese and onion and salt and vinegar crisps.

A spokesperson for Walkers apologised to customers for the inconvenience caused, adding staff were working to increase supplies to stores around the UK.

“A recent IT system upgrade has disrupted the supply of some of our products. Our sites are still making crisps and snacks but at a reduced scale,” they said. “We’re doing everything we can to increase production and get people’s favourites back on shelves.”

Thank goodness … :+1:

I like other crisps but Walkers is my first choice … :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I haven’t had a crisp for years.I liked all the flavours too except those blue ones.

4 Likes

Oh God, what am I going to do without my daily fix of Quavers :thinking:

2 Likes

Oh I’m sure I’ll get up to Glasgow at some point and protest about it! Everyone else is throwing protests, why not one about crisps disruption?! :joy:

2 Likes

@PixieKnuckles I hadn’t eaten crisps for years until the first lockdown and then I thought “WTH” and bought a multipack … and now I need a daily fix … :frowning_face:

(Sorry Psmith … I clicked the wrong reply … :face_with_hand_over_mouth:)

3 Likes

My BH has a Pringles problem but I’ve never been tempted.

2 Likes

My favourite crisps of all time were hedgehog-flavoured … :yum:

1 Like

I’m bloody serious I go through about 10 packets a week :worried:

1 Like

Just as long as I can keep getting bbq Pringles…

Do they still make them? :thinking:

1 Like

No, Hedgehog Foods (set up by a Welsh pub landlord) was bought up and the product discontinued in the early 90’s … :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Aww…well they did have a fad of bringing out new (odd) flavours on occasions! :+1: Just as an aside…if you have a Farmfoods nearby, perhaps they might have some. They are quite good at having masses of multipacks of crisps… :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Same here, yes I love them…Walkers Cheese and Onion take some beating, Salt n vinegar, ready Salted, all makes too, Quavers much better than Cheesy Curls from Lidl.

Mrs M also buys Pringles, Crisp Veg…. and the other day she bought Chorizo Crisps, different, not bad, well Mrs M and the dog liked them

Crisps and Hummus :smiley:

1 Like

It’s too far away but my local supermarkets have limited supplies of Walkers and lots of other brands so I still have a crisp supply … :+1:

My local “posh” supermarket sells these:

which I like but they’re too expensive for daily consumption - another flavour:

:yum:

Good Thinking @PixieKnuckles …my son is going there tomorrow I’ll ask him to pick up a few packs :+1:

1 Like

… … and the nation’s waste bands breathe a sigh of relief :point_right::wink::+1:

Pom-Bears.

1 Like

Who needs crisps when you’ve got

All Butter Gruyere Cheese and Poppy Seed Twists

on the Waitrose shelf

?

1 Like

Pom bears!! I’d forgotten about them! They made a huge deal about being gluten free as a marketing thing (when they always were gluten free anyway, ha!)

Ha! like 5% of the population have a gluten intolerance, and 50% of the population imagine “gluten free” is good for them.

2 Likes