Vote of no confidence in Boris Johnson - Tory rebels wait for Boris Johnson to ‘blow himself up’

• He changed the rules so he doesn’t have to resign. What a waste of space.
1 Like

According to Cummings, Boris Johnson repeatedly told No10 staff “I’m the ******* Fuhrer around here” - he’s certainly acting like a fascist but more in the Mussolini mold … :026:

2 Likes

I said the other day to someone, that this country was a dictatorship, not a democracy. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

You’re not far wrong … :+1:

2 Likes

If you think that Cummings is a reliable witness you really have lost the plot! :smile:

1 Like

Luckily, I don’t “think that Cummings is a reliable witness” so I really haven’t “lost the plot!” … :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I agree that headlines of this kind are just click bait but I’m afraid you have fallen into the trap they want people to fall into by assuming the meaning they hope you will and mentally adding the word “is” to their craftily-worded headline.
When you read the whole article, you can see that they have provided a list of the Tory MPs who have spoken out against Boris, so their headline is not claiming that every Tory MP has called for Boris to resign. The sneaky headline is in fact the preface to the list they provide in a later paragraph of the article.
“Every Tory calling for Boris to resign” leaves the reader to decide for themselves whether to add the word “is” to make sense of the sentence or whether to assume it is a preface to a list of Tory MPs who have called for his resignation - for clarity, they could have used a colon punctuation mark to show that a list would follow :
It is a typical “click bait” ploy of most of the tabloids, I’m afraid - even the standards of the broadsheets are dropping down towards the gutter press levels nowadays.
There is far too much bias and sensationalism in media reports and not enough proper, unbiased and objectively reported news

1 Like

Then why quote him? :thinking:

2 Likes

I didn’t quote Cummings - I passed on his assertion (mentioned in several newspapers) that BJ had a favourite phrase, which Cummings quoted.

BJ’s similarly alleged “No more ******* lockdowns - let the bodies pile high in their thousands.” is the sort of thing a “Fuhrer” would say.

Former health minister Steve Brine and Newton Abbot MP Anne Marie Morris join the five backbenchers who have publicly called on him to quit as party leader.

The BBC is aware of about 20 Tory MPs who have submitted letters.

Latest YouGov MRP model suggests that if an election were held tomorrow, the Conservatives would hold on to just three of 88 battleground seats

I found this quite interesting…looks like it isn’t just the MP’s who have lost confidence in BJ, YouGov have done their surveys, and the survey says

The Conservative party faces the prospect of largescale losses in Con-Lab battlegrounds up and down England and Wales, according to YouGov’s latest MRP model.

From the 88 constituencies which the Conservatives either (a) won from Labour in 2019, or (b) currently hold with a majority of less than 15pts over Labour, our modelling predicts that just three would remain in Conservative hands: Ashfield, Bassetlaw, and Dudley North.

Indeed … :+1:

I’m amazed that BJ’s got any pants left after all the incendiary incidents that happen to any pair that he wears … :fire:

1 Like

Now that made me laugh! :joy:

1 Like

Boris Johnson and Jeremy WrightIMAGE SOURCE,GETTY IMAGES

Jeremy Wright was a cabinet colleague of then foreign secretary Boris Johnson

Mr Wright said the controversy over lockdown parties in Downing Street had done “lasting damage” to the party.

No mention of a letter … yet … :incoming_envelope:

One of the youngest MPs in the Conservative Party has become the 26th Tory to publicly call for Boris Johnson to resign over the partygate scandal.

Elliot Colburn emailed his constituents to say that nothing within the Sue Gray report or the Met Police investigation has “convinced me that my decision to submit a letter to the 1922 committee (which I did some time ago) was the wrong one”.

Mr Colburn said that “further questions and revelations have subsequently come to light” since the end of the Met investigation and publication of the Sue Gray report.

“I am especially appalled at the revelations of the poor treatment of security and cleaning staff at No 10, so my letter remains submitted.”

So, this MP’s letter is IN … :email:

Omah this should please you:

The proportion of our Party members’ panel that believes Boris Johnson should resign rose this month. So it comes as no surprise that his rating in our Cabinet League Table has similarly fallen.

1 Like

An interesting view from Conservative members - some think he’s too left-wing … :open_mouth:

A terrible indictment of BJ’s popularity within the party, though … :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

So far 27 MPs have gone public with their opposition to Boris Johnson’s leadership.

The list below includes MPs who have gone public for the first time in recent days, as well as those who have been calling for the prime minister to quit for a number of weeks. Not every MP listed has confirmed that they have sent letters to Brady, but all have called on Johnson to resign.

In no particular order, the MPs are:

1. Jeremy Wright (Kenilworth and Southam)

2. Elliot Colburn (Carshalton and Wallington)

3. Julian Sturdy (York Outer)

4. Stephen Hammond (Wimbledon)

5. Anne Marie Morris (Newton Abbot)

6. David Simmonds (Ruislip, Northwood and Pinner)

7. John Baron (Basildon and Billericay)

8. Steve Baker (Wycombe)

9. Peter Aldous (Waveney)

10. Tobias Ellwood (Bournemouth East)

11. Aaron Bell (Newcastle-under-Lyme)

12. Caroline Nokes (Romsey and Southampton North)

13. Gary Streeter (South West Devon)

14. Andrew Mitchell (Sutton Coldfield)

15. William Wragg (Hazel Grove)

16. Craig Whittaker (Calder Valley)

17. Tim Loughton (East Worthing and Shoreham)

18. Nigel Mills (Amber Valley)

19. Anthony Mangnall (Totnes)

20. Mark Harper (Forest of Dean)

21. David Davis (Haltemprice and Howden)

22. Sir Roger Gale (North Thanet)

23. Sir Bob Neill (Bromley and Chislehurst)

24. Steve Brine (Winchester)

25. Alicia Kearns (Rutland and Melton)

26. Nick Gibb (Bognor Regis and Littlehampton)

27. Andrew Bridgen (North West Leicestershire)

:page_with_curl:

Doesn’t mean to say it will stay in though.

I bet Boris hopes it does get to 54 or whatever letters it needs to be as quickly as possible so they can have a vote on it and then when he wins the vote it will stop this daily drip feed of news articles regarding people who have handed in a letter or speculation about people who might have handed a letter in, then there’d be a year before a vote could be held again and it would be general election time, so he’d still be seeing the Tories into the next general election.

1 Like