Videos of Knowledge, Interest, Entertaining

1 Like
3 Likes

Love this veggie oneā€¦I like his enthusiasm too :smiley:

2 Likes

Too right, Pixie, lots of lovely veggies as well as useful information. I like his raised beds - and what a harvest! Am off to YouTube to find more of his videos.

2 Likes

Haha! me too - need to get ideas for next season :+1:

1 Like

Definitely!

@PixieKnuckles - here we go ā€¦ there is even one which shows how to make those raised beds!

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mike+self+sufficient+me

1 Like

How cool! :+1:

I just watched one of his that showed how to recycle milk jugs into mini growing pots for veggiesā€¦good to know for those who donā€™t have a garden, or want to grow herbs etc on a windowsill (Doesnā€™t look to pretty I suppose but I guess you could paint them :joy: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s1hZDRzras

1 Like

Great idea !

I wonder how many veggies they have to grow to offset the carbon produced creating all that steel and zinc?

Upcycling pallets

2 Likes

@Roj_Blake
Very interesting and inventive, thank you

Husband being a wooden top has made many items over the years with Pallets.
He has not been able to get any free ones the past couple of years but had managed to find a small business selling them at a very low price.

These he made at Barbie Keels Animal Sanctuary for the rescue Goatsā€¦They love to be above ground level, just like their natural terrain, of mountainous landā€¦

He made two of these just for Funā€¦after time though definitively a waste of pallets!
thumbnail_drinkin chair 1

3 Likes
1 Like

You could view it as recycling already used steel and zinc rather than it rusting in some rubbish tip, Bruce.

Just watched this again - it is so fascinating. Then I found this one - the finished product is really stunning - and no one would ever guess it was made from pallet wood. There are certainly some talented people out there!

3 Likes

I watch this guy as well

4 Likes

Also watch Mike Kincaid on how he roots his cuttings, how about this one? Iā€™ve made a thread about him.

2 Likes

He made that sound easy Carolā€¦think I will have a go come the Springā€¦

2 Likes

Thanks and yes @DianneWoollie but pineapple wonā€™t grow and fruit here unless I cover it in the winter.

2 Likes