Vegans V Meat eaters

Yep! :cry:

The way I look at it is this:-
Your body is the most valuable thing you possess, without it you will no longer exist, and it’s your responsibility to look after it. Not the saving the planet guru or the Media, YOU! They don’t give a monkey’s about you and they won’t help you when your body breaks down.

Your body needs a whole load of nutrition, vitamins, minerals, carbs, fats and proteins to name but a few. The Chinese have a theory that you should eat a minimum of 22 different things per day. We are not talking quantity here, we are talking variety so that your body can extract the things it needs to grow healthy and strong and I believe It’s totally wrong to restrict it for whatever reason.

Someone is making a load of money out of brainwashing people into believing that they can save the planet. The planet will exist with or without us, but if we want to live here for as long as possible we must reduce the population or stop it from growing any larger, or like locust we will strip the planet bare…

I think you got the thread title right LD? meat VERSUS vegan?
The vegans do seem to be on some sort of crusade dont
they?
I’m planning to visit my daughters family in London soon
and cant wait to see if there is any bacon in the fridge
when l get there?

Regards   Donkeyman!

I could (quite) happily live without meat, fish too.

But not eggs and dairy products.

In fact, I don’t believe anyone can.

We are not really natural meat eaters though are we ?
Our intestines are too long ?
We are omnivores rather like pigs :slight_smile:

Yes people can and do. With the right combination of foods, it’s very possible.

Did you know it takes 72 gallons of water to grow half a kilo of avocados? Or a gallon of water to grow every single almond?

There must be something wrong with modern agricultural practices. Both avocados and almonds thrive naturally in hot dry climates.

I could too, I don’t really like meat except chicken breast. I don’t mind fish but I could live without that too.

I think I could quite happily be vegetarian but not vegan

I wouldn’t be happy without cheese. I don’t even much like most vegetables without cheese sauce on top. :smiley:

Me too. If fact I’m trying it. Yesterday I purchased a cheeseless cheesecake with cashew ice cream substitute and it was awesome.

I like chicken also but I’m doing it due to a metabolism disorder, not to save the planet.

I’ll probably still eat turkey at thanksgiving, turkey and Easter.
Only because I don’t wish to be one of those PITA specialty food eaters :twisted: That can get annoying for ALL concerned.

Hahaha. A vegetarian who hates vegetables wouldn’t work too good. :lol: That’s funny. I love veggies but I am also a huge cheese lover and ice cream. That will be hard to give up but there are some great substitutes available

Christmas must be boring being a vegan!
I would hate to be a vegetarian or a vegan. Doesn’t it cause them to have very bad breath?

Why would it do that? I’d think the bacteria of decaying animals inside the human body would cause bad breath more than eating vegetables and tofu would but don’t know for certain. After all chlorophyll is an excellent natural deodorizer.

Well I guess my head should be in a noose in both houses.
Today we are having Rib-Eye Steaks with a nice crisp Salad. Steak is usually the only red meat we eat these days. More Chicken, Gammon, Cod, Haddock, Hake or Basa, and definitely BBQ Pork Ribs on our plates! usually with a side of Salad.

I’m definitely too much of a meat lover to ever turn Vegetarian and Vegan is far too strict for me. Must admit though, I adore the quarter pounder Vegetable Burgers. Delicious for weekend breakfast with a poached or fried egg on top. Yum!

I agree. Mostly carnivorous, hence the teeth.
You don’t see dogs with teeth like sheep or horses! :smiley:

That would be a good idea Muddy.
I bet their sales wouldn’t half drop though. Serves 'em right.

I like my cheese too dOOd. I know we shouldn’t, but I don’t do many other ‘bad’ things, so I enjoy cheese.

Oh, I forgot, I do drink a fair bit of milk too.
Yes I know it is unecessary (and unhealthy?) and it was only intended as a weaning food, but I do like a milky coffee and also have it on my cereals and in cups of tea.

I don’t eat meat every day, I won’t be having it for my meal tonight for example. I also eat fish two or even three times a week too.

A friend recently said he has Quorn products sometimes, so I tried some and was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was.

Same here.

[SIZE=“5”]I hate salad[/SIZE]

Just saying.

Lots of stir frys’ then ? Lol :lol: