Vapours on Prescription

I have just heard on the TV and the Internet, that they are going to put Vapours on Prescription to help you stop smoking, but they want to do away with a lot of things on the prescription. I think its all wrong people who haven’t got the money to buy their medications but they are putting vapours on prescriptions instead.

Any one can stop smoking!

2 Likes

I’m living proof day #26. You don’t need a prescription to buy a vape over here, if fact never heard of a prescription for a vape. Over here you go to the Doctor and he/she will give you Chantix or Wellbutrin.

1 Like

As an ex-smoker I think you are right, anyone can stop if they really want to.

I suppose the powers hat be think that supplying people with those vape things might work out cheaper in the long run than treating them for lung disease.

I do wonder if, in 10 or 20 years they will discover vaping has all sorts of long term ill effects.

1 Like

At this point simply breathing

and getting worse. Our Meteorologist even give air quality reports.

Do you actually believe that, susie?

Yes I do Harbal.

I have been smoking 30 cigs a day from the age of 13 until 1982 I decided to stop, and I stopped instantly without any help at all and never looked back.

Its not an illness that needs a prescription.

People who are ill and poorly need prescriptions.

6 Likes

The fact that you could stop smoking is not evidence that everyone else can.

1 Like

I heard about “Popcorn Lung” that can be caused by vaping. It changes the surface of your lung to resemble popcorn apparently. I agree @susiejaeger , when people need actual medication for real illness…it beggars belief that people are getting this on prescription.

Well done Danny! What are you doing to replace it?

4 Likes

Breathing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

haha! Ok then…well that’s motivational! :joy:

1 Like

I’m not saying don’t use Vapours, but don’t expect the NHS to put them on prescription, buy them yourself, they are only cheap to buy.

2 Likes

You can’t just assume that everyone else’s experience would be the same as yours. Some people are desperate to stop smoking but can’t. The strength of addiction is not the same for all smokers. Considering how bad smoking is for health, your attitude seems a bit thoughtless.

My Husband smoked over 60 a day, even had soot coming out of his nose, but he gave up the same time as me and never looked back.

Harbal, i’m not a thoughtless person at all, I care about most people in life.

3 Likes

By the time I quit, I had hated smoking for the past 10 years. I did not like spending money on it, and I did like the way it ran my life. I was always checking, it’s OK to go I have enough cigs or time to make a stop. It really is a smelly nasty habit, and I was saying that while I was still smoking. The irony of it is just when the world is trying to make cigarettes go away, they make pot legal. Hummmmm.

Now the smell of that makes me actually want to be sick. Its disgusting :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

I know you’re not a thoughtless person, susie, but you are taking a very simplistic view. Just because you and your husband managed to give up smoking relatively easily is absolutely no indication that someone else could do it.

I completely agree with you. To make them available on the NHS is abuse of the prescription system!

2 Likes

Here I like the fact it brought a tom of CBD business’s. I swear by those products. I finally got off all the painkillers Doctor’s had me on. You know how it feels to go to a hospital and tell them you can’t have prescription pain meds because you’re an ex addict. They assume you were a heroin addict or such. I tell them , No I never bought drugs on a street corner, I got all mine from Dr.s and Pharmacies, and Insurance paid for it all. Kinda throws em off, but they know it’s true when they see my medical history. Whole thing makes me angry.

1 Like

They would never get away with that here…calling you an “ex-addict” Thats pretty awful, consiering they were all legit prescriptions!

1 Like

I started smoking at about 14 years old, and stopped about 15 years ago after finding a lump in my boob, happily after a biopsy it was found to be benign.

It was about 2 weeks after finding the lump that I got the all clear, and I stopped smoking in that two weeks, thinking how can I ask them to cure me if I am making myself ill (I haven’t expressed that very well). When I was given the good news I thought well, if I have managed not to smoke in the most stressful time of my life it would be ridiculous to start again.

I

2 Likes