Vapours on Prescription

Susie said vaping liquid is cheap, well she’s both right and wrong about that. For what it is, it is incredibly expensive to the consumer. To manufacture it, however, must cost virtually nothing. All it is is glycerine and nicotine. If they have their wits about them, the health service could acquire it dirt cheap. And when you consider how much smokers put into the system through the massive excise duty on tobacco, it would be an injustice to deny them the benefits of our health service that everyone else takes for granted.

If you can afford to smoke you can afford to buy your Vapes

But I think you can already get nicotine patches and Champix and Varenicline to help you on the NHS so I suppose this would be an extension of that

The argument is that people would feel more confident in an official, authorised version. And it’s true there are some very dodgy looking vape fluids around that I wouldn’t want down my lungs.

3 Likes

Just a thought: I have just looked up the current prescription charge, which is £9.35 per item. I don’t know what the cost price of vaping liquid is, but I recon the health service would actually make a profit if it put it on prescription. :102:

Absolutely! I’ve just looked at 20 Silk Cut in Tesco’s website and they sell for £13.35 making them around 67p each and the Vape refills work out at around £2 per shot.

1 Like

Replacing it I haven’t had a problem. My problem is, I used to go outside to smoke. I still get up and it’s “Where are you going?”… I actually walked out with my coffee this morning and reached into my pocket for a lighter and was reminded I had neither lighter nor cigarette. So, interruption to my schedule and routine, more of a bother.

1 Like

But what about those who smoke but can’t afford it?

Ahh, the triggers are the worst thing to remind you of it. They say that introducing new triggers or habits will help dissociate you from the old ones which involved smoking…

1 Like

My new bad habit is OFC. I really am just going to on a minute. Three hours later, really just a minute. Two more hours go by… :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Obviously they can and do buy their cigarettes/tobacco or they would not be able to smoke.

Oh my word…don’t…I am exactly the same! I have one coffee and think, right after this, I’m going to be busy. Three coffees later and its dinner time :astonished:

2 Likes

I knew I was hooked when I started checking OFC before my email. :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve even started to reply via e-mail :astonished::point_right::innocent:

2 Likes

People often spend money on things they can’t afford, not just smokers. There is no “obviously” about it. :018:

There’s a badge for that! :+1:

1 Like

Obvious is the word I still insist applies in this case. IF a smoker cannot find the money to smoke, they cannot obtain anything TO smoke. It really is THAT simple.

1 Like

Yeah and I wear it with pride Pix :point_right::grin:

1 Like

How much are a packet of fags now, £10-15, so if you can pay that for Fags then you can buy a Vapour.

1 Like

That does not mean they can afford it though. Maybe they have to cut down on food to be able to buy tobacco, and I’m sure some people do. Anyone who is that dependent on nicotine needs help.

Yes, but a prescription costs almost as much, and the cost of vaping liquid is much less, so the health service would make money on it. So what is the problem?

Then that is their choice. Life is full of choices and we all have to make them as our lives unfurl. I’ve seen smokers light up whilst queuing for the local food bank and nobody question them as to why they smoke but still line up for food hand outs. To my mind, food first and then if any money left over, go and buy the cigarettes, but not before food.

1 Like