Usernames..... How did you choose yours?

Just looking around and I’m always curious about why/how people decide on a username…

4 Likes

I’m a simple soul……

I wanted to be Mary but that was already taken on here so I tried spelling it out as Maree

It didn’t really work as I think most people think it’s a variation on Marie, but I’m stuck with it now!

2 Likes

mine was a nickname given to me in my younger days my brothers was Fafa and Feefee so i simply chose to be called Feey.

3 Likes

I am a Scot and I was born in 1937.

4 Likes

Lol, your imagination was on a night off then?

1 Like

my last dog, a flat coated retriever was called macy, and wack is Liverpudlian for friend

5 Likes

One of my favourite fictional characters.The P is silent as in pneumatic(full of air)

3 Likes

Its just my name.

3 Likes

I got mine when I was in South Africa. Visitor in Afrikaans…

2 Likes

mine is my GT Gran, I was researching my family history.

1 Like

I love walking and and hiking, so Boot seemed a good choice of user-name for me - plus Boot was one of my favourite characters in the cartoon strip of The Perishers

Boot

An Old English Sheepdog (sort of) who lives with his boy, Wellington.
Boot is a generally affable and mellow character, given to flights of fancy and daydreaming (that is me to a T! :rofl:)
In this respect, Boot is the UK equivalent of Snoopy from Charles M. Schulz’s Peanuts strip.
Boot is also convinced that he is in fact an 18th-century English lord enchanted into a dog by a gypsy wench (as he puts it, I knew I should have bought those damn clothes pegs!) – the strip gives occasional hints that this is actually true as opposed to another fantasy.
(Yep, I have delusions of grandeur too - on account of allegedly being a Duke’s granddaughter, on’t wrong side of t’blanket! :rofl: )
As a lord, he demands to be treated with respect, and often tells Wellington so to his face. Unfortunately Wellington only hears barking. Wellington thinks Boot is lazy and should help out with the household chores, but Boot usually manages to find some way to “accidentally” mess things up in the hope that he won’t be asked again.
(Hmmm - way to go, Boot! :laughing: )

The Eyeballs in the Sky.

1 Like

That’s Me! :roll_eyes: :joy:

2 Likes

I use my dogs nickname. She’s called daisy but her nickname is crazy Daisy mayhem.

When I first started using the Internet, a few years ago,lol they always stressed you should never put your real name online, so I used to spend ages thinking up names and now I guess it’s just stuck with me.

Eliza is such a pretty name.

Does it have a meaning?

Mags is my name shortened… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Afrikaans is the language there came from Dutch.

1 Like

Like many other young lads at the time I was a biker. I owned several motorbikes. Then Easy Rider the movie came out in the late 60s and that became my nickname which stuck for the next thirty years or so.

3 Likes