Used Cooking Oil

I’ve got a very small electric deep fat fryer. It’s literally big enough to cook two scotch eggs or a couple of doughnuts in at a time. It doesn’t need much oil , you could literally just dispose of it in butter tub or big yoghurt pot with a lid

1 Like

My wife uses an air fryer so that uses no oil. Would that work for you?

1 Like

Fish and chips that are not deep fried is just not British. :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

No - because you need deep fat to cook these:-

Think I will just give up on the idea ! :grinning: :grinning:

I like oven chips too, but the best chips are from our local chippy & I don’t have to deep fat fry 'em. :grinning:

1 Like

No - because you need deep fat to cook these:-

Think I will just give up on the idea ! :grinning: :grinning:
[/quote]

I dunno, these look pretty close. I’ve been thinking of getting an air-fryer but I’m trying to cure my kitchen gadget addiction……

Home made Air fryer potato tots

1 Like

Used cooking oil? Sometimes fly tip it! More often mix it with bird seed and let the birds get rid of it.

It doesn’t solidify though A T, only lard, I only use my cooking oil a couple of times, then dispose of it in a blue freezer bag, then put it in the green bin.

Yes, but the bird seed gets covered in it and the birds love it.

1 Like

I never knew that the birds loved the oil covered in seed, I will try that then, obviously put it in a large dish.:+1:

What are they? I don’t think they usual crispy French fries…

They are Potato Puffs - the little video shows how to make them. They are delicious.

Thank you! I will ask She Who Must Be Obeyed if she can make some.

1 Like

Yeah … the only time I fry an egg is when cooking a nice rasher of fatty streaky. wooo …

1 Like

I do not have any left over cooking oil as I never deep fry or roast in oil. Anything grilled gets painted with oil and any roasting is always done in beef dripping (yummy) where any small residue is wiped out with kitchen roll before washing up. My roasted spuds are legendary and the plates are always completely empty before the table is cleared :wink::grin::ok_hand::sparkling_heart:

Don’t use oil really, except for potato scones on a weekend. I just wipe the pan with kitchen towel and put it in the bin.

Tattie Scones, if anyone needs to know…

1 Like

That’s a tad expensive to hurl the pan into the bin Pix … LOL and double LOL

2 Likes

Haha! That did make me laugh, LD…yes…perhaps I should have rephrased that. :joy: