US moves to ban abortion

I disagree there are many types of birth control available that do not involve abortion .
Abortion before 12 weeks is possible by medication .
After that abortion requires surgical medical intervention . Doctors and nurses can’t enjoy seeing a baby dismembered as is often the case for no good reason other than birth control .
Of course there are many exceptional cases but it should not IMO be considered a method of birth control .

2 Likes

There are indeed many forms of birth control and not all forms of abortion require any surgical intervention. In any case vasectomies, another form of birth control always require surgical intervention.

Vasectomies which can be don’t anywhere in 15 minutes are in no way comparable to a late abortion .

1 Like

But they do involve surgery, such is not the case with all abortions. Deuteronomy 23:1 is problematic to for God bothers. Sorta raises an interesting basis of an argument with the devout where vasectomies are involved.

If the Roe v Wade ruling is overturned 26 states may ban abortions immediately.
Notably among them the Bible Belt states , ie where there is a high proportion of evangelical Christians.
Co incidentally these are also the states where educational attainment rates are among the lowest in the U.S., and Heart disease, obesity, homicide and teenage pregnancies are among the highest in the nation.

@Muddy , The seeds of revolution. ??
The greater USA versus the individual states ??
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

Reactionary conservatism in action.

Think about this…
The ruling is so focused on the woman and taking away our own body choices and how a child will affect the rest of her adult life…

This issue started with a penis, a man, and no responsibility afterward.
If women have children, the men will be responsible for child support for the rest of their lives, and a bad conscience if he isn’t involved in the chld’s upbringing. No one has mentioned this in any conversations about banning abortion.

3 Likes

No but it’s true but sure as eggs the main people who wish to rule on woman’s bodies are men.

2 Likes

if some women decided independently on their own abortion it may nevertheless still be considered a murderous act? Gumbud 1:1

1 Like

You tell um Gummy!

These people are frightening .

1 Like

Well as I see it the decision to terminate or not should rest with the pregnant woman and noone should seek to influence her one way or another – NO ONE – and that any and all facilities should be made accessible to her. Most of all god bothers should keep their bigoted rubbish to themselves.

6 Likes

Just ban Shaggin, stop it at source.

Within reason . After 20 + weeks of pregnancy a fetus is capable of independent life .
Unless there is good reason ie the life of the mother is in danger or the unborn child has a severe medical condition . To abort a healthy fetus after 20 weeks is putting the medical staff in the role of executioner.
This is not right .

I agree they’re frightening, only a psycho would want to force a woman to have a baby conceived in those circumstances if she didn’t want to.

It’s a control thing and like a second abuse, compounding the first. The decision needs to be entirely the woman’s

But from a purely personal point of view I don’t think I could abort in those circumstances

How they were conceived isn’t the child’s fault, is it?

And the baby you were carrying would be half yours. It’s like punishing your own child for what it’s father did to you

1 Like

and the mother lets remember

that’s a curly ball Maree and a well played one. I once did some brief research on the abortion viewpoint from the Jews and can’t find my notes now - must have a dig around not that non-Jewish or even Jews these days may be interested??

It seems that the new interpretation of the US Constitution is that abortion is not mentioned so it should not be protected. The danger is that this strictly literal interpretation would also overturn laws regarding things like the right to privacy or indeed any other right not specifically mentioned in the constitution.

Some states have already enacted trigger laws which mean that if the Supreme Court rules against the Roe v Wade judgement then abortion becomes illegal in that state.

This seems an entirely ideological movement - the legacy of Donald Trump?

so let me get this right then - they are saying " we do not believe in killing unborn babies full stop" but everyone has the right to bear arms with very few checks if any and go around shooting who the feel like. can you imagine a John Waine comment here " I defend to the death my right to carry arms and will kill any bastard who kills an unborn child" cos this is America the land of the free? free what??