US moves to ban abortion

Catholics were the pioneers of contraception using the “rhythm method” over centuries. Doesn’t get more hypocritical than the church.

Thankfully the Catholic Church (and other christian faiths) opened the door to contraception during the AIDS crisis in the late 80s allowing first condoms to be used and later turning a blind eye to everything else.

How do IUDs prevent pregnancy?

What the latest research says about how the hormonal IUD and the copper IUD work.

They prevent a fertilised egg (zygote) from implanting in the womb.

They went on to have three healthy children. It was some rare genetic conditions. They had a proper funeral and didn’t feel they went against their faith. So had closure. The difficulty is when a child that is severely disabled survives and the parents cannot cope. Society has to take over. Some of these cases are so tragic.

Abortions shouldn’t be used in lieu of contraception as is so often the case. But women should have full access to medical abortions if they need one or support if they want to go through with a pregnancy. Single mothers are so stigmatised. It’s an awful decision for a woman to make just because she cannot cope on her own. But what they are doing in the US and other countries is to criminalise women for men’s failure to take responsibility for their actions.

1 Like

But why is it that so many of you believe it is wrong for a woman to have total control of her own body? Why should she NOT be sole and final arbiter?

@The!Artful Todger, Why cant anybody jave control of their body Todgy?
We are dissuaded from committing suicide arent we ??
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

a supreme effort from a male species! - make mine a slice loaf please!

1 Like

Polite correction if I may…

An IUD is designed to prevent sperm from ever reaching the egg.
Preventing an already fertilised egg from implant is not its purpose and is therefore rare.

Perfect use is rare, and as a result, nearly fifty percent of unintended pregnancies are due to contraceptive failure. While IUDs and the contraceptive pill have similar rates of protection from pregnancy with perfect use, the failure rate is twenty times as high in women who use the pill compared to women who use a long acting method like the IUD. A copper IUD is a long-term reversible birth control, a method that maintains fertility while still allowing women to prevent pregnancies. A copper IUD can last for years without needing replacement, but it is not permanent. Once an IUD is removed, fertility often returns immediately.

Copper Intrauterine Device (IUD) | Embryo Project Encyclopedia

Myth: Abortion

Some couples do not want to use the IUD because they incorrectly believe that the IUD prevents pregnancy by causing abortions.

Fact: IUDs do not work by causing abortions

Myth: Abortion

This is important to know…do please read this

Myths and facts about the intra-uterine device (IUD) | IPPF

Myths and facts about the intra-uterine device (IUD) | IPPF

too many men here believe the understand female anatomy - move over lads!

Find a better source. There’s lots to be found.

I’m not obsessed with death lol

I’m pretty sure as well an IUD stops a woman becoming fertile as with an IUD they do not have periods

It is also used for women suffering from migraines at that time of the month as they do not menstruate

Ofcourse the smart thing here would be to present a case to the supreme Court so they could rule in favour of abortion being a woman’s right up to and including 20 week gestation period with full anonymity for the woman

That would pretty much fix things … just need some volunteers and money.

I was always afraid of IUDs because there was apparently a greater risk of ectopic pregnancy which can be fatal or you can lose a functional ovary

I had a Copper7 for years, was very happy with it

Some of the comments on here are incredible .
Some men - apparently married -too have no idea .
Eg An IUD does not stop menstruation and abortion is not a method of contraception .
Fred Flintstone would have been more knowledgeable.

Yes it does my daughter has one and so does Mrs Bread

Go learn something Muddy and stop making things up

Abortion is contraception for a lot of women that’s one of the reasons wade roe was overturned.

Just think 6 monthss ago you wanted the NHS fired for not being forced to have medical procedures. You have to laugh … my body my choice :lol:

I am going to put this out to everyone here .
There is supposedly a mutual block on Bread and I imposed by Azz see below

Hi Bread + Muddy,

It’s become apparent that relations between you are beyond repair so I think it’s best for everyone if you ignore each other from now on.

This means you may no longer respond to each other (directly or indirectly) nor can you take part in each other’s threads or PM each other.

Please note if you ignore this block your account will be closed (and if the other person ignores this and you spot it, please PM me so that I can take action, thanks!)

Thanks for your understanding,

Az

Bread contines to ignore this and post provocative stupid and ignorant posts in order to elicit some sort of response.
I have continued to respect this ban as best I can.

I’ll take part in whatever threads I want thanks.

If you cant stand by your own opinions and resort to having forum members blocked then it proves I was right all along.

We can still be friends I promise … as I’ve demonstrated by sticking by the rules.

I’m sure everyone who hates me can’t disagree with that

It doesn’t work that way Bread.
It’s Azz who judges the Mutual Block is necessary and imposes it … it’s not a decision made by another member.
It’s often best to abide by it or risk a suspension.
I should know. I’m just trying to be helpful here, nothing else.