US Election 2024 antics

You know the news is just opinions right. Look ate all the BS they say a week minded people believe it.

What nukes
What civil war
What insurrection
What pandemic

Trying to throw to fog it up a bit sir ?

This is something you never hear in other western countries (that I am aware of).

In Australia, under section 72 of the Constitution, Justices of the High Court:

• Are appointed by the Governor-General in Council;
  • Cannot be removed except by the Governor-General in Council on an address from both Houses of Parliament in the same session, praying for such removal on the grounds of proved misbehaviour or incapacity;
  • Receive such remuneration as the Parliament may fix; but the remuneration shall not be diminished during their continuance in office; and
  • Must retire on attaining the age of 70 years.

They are not a political appointment even though the Federal Executive Council is effectively the Cabinet of the day and there are only seven Justices.

https://www.hcourt.gov.au/

1 Like

This just some of the stunts the Democrats try. Our supreme court justices are selected and are life time appointments. I one decides to retire or dies in office, the president appoints a replacement. So it’s not a stack deck, it’s just the way the cards fall. The Democrats were upset because they, just so happen to fall under Trump. So they tried to get additional justices appointment under Biden so they could intentionally stack the deck.

That’s the flaw in the system isn’t it? The President is a very political appointment anyway and once appointed the Justices cannot be removed.

As I say you never hear of such political bias accusations in other western countries.

1 Like

That is true, but the political parties don’t want to change the rules because it may not work in their favor.

That is why a lot of laws and things don’t get changed because it may work against them, or lose them votes.

Trump legacy candidate, to follow him as the next Republican POTUS.

Biden is too old now but Trump seems to have difficulty in staying awake too.The USA is going to be run by Eric and Junior.Good luck! :grinning:

Appears to be fine, considering. Wonder if the psychological affects have yet to present, he has a very close strong family, who gave us an insight into the man who inspires them. Will this attempted assassination change him, I think it might.

1 Like

I can’t recall what the democrats said but I can recall Trump suggesting bleach in the blood and bright lights to cure covid. The man was not switched on during the pandemic.
Trump did not stop the development of the vaccine, but it was the much maligned big pharma companies that actually developed it. In Europe and in the US, roughly to the same timescales. Trump then criticized scientists like Fauci. So its a bit rich to give credit to Trump for the vaccine.

I can recall Trump suggesting bleach in the blood and bright lights to cure covid.

Here is how one references information

Trump’s statements were confusing, but a look at his exact words shows that Trump didn’t specifically instruct Americans to “inject bleach” or “take a shot” of ultraviolet light to prevent COVID-19. He did, however, inquire about whether UV light and disinfectant could be studied inside the human body. Here are Trump’s full comments:
"A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light. And I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?

This was published 20 July 2020.

The US federal government invested at least $2.3bn in research and development of the mRNA covid-19 vaccines after the pandemic began in 2020.

Pfizer Inc. is an American multinational pharmaceutical and biotechnology corporation headquartered at The Spiral in Manhattan, New York City. The company was established in 1849 in New York

Faucci - He became widely regarded as the top authority on all things COVID-related, and his word was accepted by many in the media and general public as the official scientific truth, while contrary opinions, even from credible experts, were often dismissed as conspiracy theory.

Here is an interesting read.

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/article/fauci-lies-and-makes-mistakes-just-like-the-rest-of-us

There is a process for the removal of justices; the House of Representatives must pass articles of impeachment and then the Senate proceeds with a trial. That said, only one justice has every been removed procedurally.

1 Like

I like that reply. “He did inquire”. I saw it more as a dumb Scooby Doo type question - “err, what if we shine really, really bright lights, uh huh”. No serious thinking person says such rubbish out loud - in public, on camera. If you lack such basic science knowledge then you surely keep out of anything around managing a virus and a pandemic.
Good luck guys, he is your next president … and he is going to be a souped up version of the first Trump administration. I look forward to your apologies in five years time.

Even the Democrat party doesn’t want Biden to run for president. But Biden still has his fellow Democrats supporting him. You know the ones, the freakishly far left.

It seems likely that by next week Biden will step aside.
Now, I’m interested in the US definition of “freakishly far left”. Given that the middle ground of US politics seems quite far right in comparison to other countries … far left would be, what, a couple of cents extra tax on the very rich and a bit more health care support for the majority? (Or what many other countries would describe as very normal and constrained.)

Biden will not volunteer to step aside.

Freakish far left example supporters that block traffic against petroleum, BLM, Critical Race Theory, ones that think there is an unlimited number of genders and the list goes on and on.

True the US is different from other countries in politics but one thing that has to be taken into consideration. It not US running to other countries. It the other countries run to the US for help. There are exceptions but that is because of this administration incompetence.

The US health care system is only running into problems that mirror social health care. The heath care people receive are mostly based on choices they have made in life. People have to think for themselves and not let the government take their hand and lead them through life.

Keep comparing other countries to the US is ridiculous because they are not comparable is so many ways. I understand the turn “wantabes”.

1 Like

One of the nice things about the US Election is that once again we learn where places are with the maps on the News. Today I am reminded where Michigan and Delaware are after last week learning where Pennsylvania is.

Just must point out that I do know where Florida is, I have a pretty good idea where California is (give or take a few hundred Ks) and I have a vague idea where Texas is (just inside the Queensland border - OK, just joking - but it is :wink:)

I have to be honest and say that I only recently learned where Washington actually was when that ship knocked down the Baltimore bridge (it’s next door)

2 Likes

I agree Bruce…After watching so many westerns over the years and other American TV and not really knowing what part of the states were represented, it’s nice to finally put some places to the names…
We actually have a California right here in Norfolk…

And we’ve got a ‘Washington’ and ‘Hollywood’ up Newcastle upon Tyne way…

Washington

1 Like