Update on Pixie

You’re doing really well Ann and its great that you’ve not needed pain killers for two days :slight_smile:

Pixie :slight_smile: I am so pleased to hear you are making a steady recovery . I a few weeks time you should be a new woman :smiley:

really pleased to hear how well your getting on Ann

Good news Pixie!:slight_smile:

Oh wow Ann darlin’ that’s fabulous news!!! - you’re so far ahead of me you’re out of sight. Am still on Oromorph and Co-Codomol tablets. Saw Surgeon again only yesterday - am still confined to home or immediate vicinity for the next four weeks.

Am so pleased for you Ann darlin’ :058::002::038:

Pixie, so pleased you’re making good progress-don’t overdo it though!

Hve to have blood tests every week for now and take blood thinners
my doc calles me and tells me how menny to take perc day it changes
she siad my blood is good right now had to stop having v k as it was making my blood to thin moving around lots better even went to he mall today with my daughter :wink:

Yeah Ann darlin’ - I know all about Warfarin and blood tests. BTW what is v k?? - some other things you need to avoid whilst on Warfarin - Cranberry, Grapefruit and Broccoli.

Vitiam k Joe have a list from the hosptal
brokalys lettice grapfrut cranberrys greeen leaf lettice
as well as some others
so just stay away from them as well as pian killers if i can on my 4th day no pian meds even thought i am in pian some of the time mostley in bed
have to stay on my back and use a pillow to get iout of bed to protect mybreast bone as its wired together

Its all looking good Pixie.

So pleased for you Pixie. Sounds like you’re doing really good, which is good news :smiley:

my stiches well some on top are not healing as they should still red
will go to the docs next week

Ann darlin’ - had a similar problem myself last week - District Nurse who comes in to change the dressing suggested I ask Doctor for an anti-biotic to kill off any possible infection that may be causing a slow down of the healing process. Have had a week’s course of an anti-biotic, which seems to have cleared up the infection.

half of the stiches can hardly see them feels like there some trying to break open it stings a bit I have dresings on to after 5 weeks were they took the waste tubes out think they will be ok after the weekend i can get a bath then
have to wiat 6 weeks they told me I am week 5

Ann darlin’ - yes you’ll feel much better after you’ve been able to have a bath. One of the first things I did when I got home from the hospital was to go and have a shower - I have a wet room shower cabinet with a seat in it, so was able to sit and let the hot water pour all over me - felt fabulous!!!

yeh we have a stool my daughter got for me
but only used it twice i cab stand no problem byt my husband has to gelp me in the bath as we have a old style bath claw foot its irion I love it it its deep wide :slight_smile:
its old from the 1918

Have been reading your posts and am pleased to hear you’re recovering well Ann :slight_smile:

You won’t want to get out of that lovely bath once you’re in :smiley:

Take it easy though xx

:wink: funny you shouldthat got in the bath sunday
but I was stuck could not get out
my husband had to come help me stand up as i cant put no presure on my sternam :wink:

Hmmmmmmmmm - I think you need to stick with showers for the moment Ann darlin’

I can have a bath after byt the trouble is have to try get out lol