Update of fish tank (Photos not taken by myself. Credits to my neighbour)

11 Likes

Stunning photos of your fish tank @swimfeeders , beautiful fish and plants. :grinning:

What a lovely, colourful tank swimfeeders it looks so restful to watch too -a good way to keep down the blood pressure!

Looking good, Swimmy, do you still have the corals as well?

Gorgeous Swimmy it must be very therapeutic watching them

Hi

All the Corals and Marine Fish are gone, I simply cannot look after them when I am in and out of hospital.

It is now a 6ft tank, got off ebay, but with my lighting, filters and water treatment in place.

Minimum cleaning and water changes, fluidised bed filter as well as the biggest Eheim Canister filter.

Water changes take 20 minutes, no carrying of water.

Filter chemicals need recharging twice a year, that is all.

1 Like

Beautiful, it must so relaxing to watch

Swimmy, Those pics are beautiful.
Sometimes, l think l’d rather watch a tank of fish than television. It is so relaxing and fascinating.

Did you know that a gallon of water weighs around 10lb so if you know how many gallons your have in your tank then you will have some idea of what sort of weight your tank is? :smiley::smiley:

That is a lovely fish tank, beautiful crystal clear water.

I used to have a goldfish tank, it took a lot of upkeep…also those aquatic fish that you keep aren’t cheap, some cost a fortune, their water conditions must be spot on or they may die.

Swimmers your fish tank is lovely, I am just starting out with mine, only been set up just over a week now, and its onlu 3ft (see photo).

Tank

1 Like

What great pics of your amazing fish tank Swims!
It must bring you hours of pleasure :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi

Susie, your tank looks lovely and you are doing it the traditional way with real plants etc.

Good on you.

Hi

Thanks for your kind comments Rhian.

It is still a work in progress, the plants and rocks are fake, a high tech low energy use lighting and filtration system and minimal maintenance.

I spend most of my week in one room and it is nice to see and give me an interest.

It is gifted in my will to a children’s heart care ward with enough money to get it there and run it for 5 years.

4 Likes

Thank you Swimmers, I need get just a couple of small rocks, and an Air bubble.

An update of the tank.IMG_0110

2 Likes

Beautiful, a real work of art :sparkles:

Thanks Ruthio

Swimmers how often do you feed your Fish?

Hi

Twice a day, only what they can eat in 2 minutes each time.

Very cheap flake and pellets, the pellets being for the bottom feeders.

It looks beautiful Susie :slightly_smiling_face: