Unpopular opinions - an amnesty!

So, I’ve shoved this in General not controversial because it’s just for fun

The idea is that we get to spout an opinion of ours that really, really isn’t popular

Everyone else can disagree if course, but the thread isn’t for a serious discussion or fight to the death over anything, really

Like I said, an amnesty! :rofl:

I’ll start with a couple!

1 Like

I don’t like cut flowers, you just stick ‘em in a vase and watch them die, don’t you? :rofl::bouquet::bouquet:

3 Likes

The Beatles were a bit rubbish, really! :guitar::drum:

How do you know if an opinion is going to be unpopular until after you have aired it, though? :wink:

I agree with your opinion about cut flowers - am I allowed to agree with an unpopular opinion? :joy:
I would rather take someone a growing plant than a bunch of cut flowers - or something they can eat instead.

1 Like

I adore freshly cut flowers! Brightens my day and lifts my mood!

3 Likes

I am a non smoker and I and so delighted at the anti smoking rules today . As a child i was sickened by cigarette smoke on buses and trains . Going to the cinema a was purgatory and a treat ruined if a smoker sat near by . Travelling by plane was even worse the flaming smokers never stayed in their zones which was pretty useless anyway . Ones hair and clothes always stunk of someone else’s smoke and non smokers were always allotted the worst seats and considered spoil sports and fusspots
The stress was terrible there was always a row with someone .
Now all that is the past smokers are the pariahs .
It’s WONDERFUL .
Now if I could only get shut of serial yakkers on phones……….

7 Likes

Tattoos. I really don’t like tattoos. And I don’t like nose or lip jewellery.

11 Likes

I’ve never liked abba

I think Dirty Dancing is a rubbish film.

2 Likes

I think Mick Jagger is one of the most unattractive men ever .

7 Likes

I do not watch Strictly Come Dancing and don’t really like that kind of show - I seem to be in a minority among my friends and family about this.

I never liked Ant and Dec Saturday Night Show either, although it seemed to be popular.

To be honest, I rarely like “popular” TV or “popular” music - I think most of it is rubbish - although I’m sure a lot of people work hard at producing it, so I should give them marks for effort.

5 Likes

Maree, I definitely agree with this. Flowers should be left growing happily in the garden. I can imagine them screaming, as they are cut.

I also detest ‘dust catcher’ plastic flowers. I think they are so…naff!

1 Like

I hate shopping, especially clothes shopping.
I’d rather visit somewhere interesting, like an art gallery, classic car/motorcycle museum, or a place with aeroplanes from days gone by!

I detest any kind of “reality” tv, be it cooking, sewing, singing, shagging, watching TV, big brother, nasties in the jungle, you name it I loathe it.
Also daytime TV, yuk.
I’m really easy to please!!

4 Likes

I have no unpopular opinions now … I aim to agree with everybody on everything, any time, any place, any where.

2 Likes

I hate seeing women hold their mobile phone like a piece of toast whilst they yap into it! Ha!!

You expect us to believe you???!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I do … but if you don’t I will agree with you on that too.

2 Likes

Women and their bloody ailments!

I know several that you would never ask how they were because you would get a long and extremely detailed description of what is wrong with them, It just goes on and on until one loses the will to live.

Some women even manage to weave their ailments into the conversation even when one studiously tries to avoid the subject.

It’s hell out there at my age because it’s mostly women as a large proportion of the men have died off.

1 Like

Maybe the menfolk would live longer if they moaned about their ailments more - there’s truth in that old saying -

A creaking gate hangs longest! :wink:

Oh heck. Finally something I can post about.
Long hair on older women is so attractive.
I think everyone should grow cannabis just once if possible. :joy::rofl:…… my stomach. Lol
Hummmm … let’s see.
I don’t mind visiting the dentist.
The smell of railroad track tar smells nice.
Man buns are so sexy!! :scream::joy::rofl:
All men should help with housework . wear overalls and no shirt.

:thinking:ok maybe not ALL men. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:lol

Beautiful cut flowers I’ll accept any day of the week without complaint nor will I complain about a box of chocolates given to me either :partying_face:

I’d go on but I best give someone else a turn being the considerate person I am :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like