Unboxed - festival of nothing at all

Surely what it shows is how much the UK has fallen apart since Brexit. No-one said the 2012 Olympics were pish. Yet just a few years later the politics of made up stuff manages to deliver this Festival and Truss. That’s Brexit.

1 Like

@strathmore , So YOU say ! I thought you lived in France ??
Do you have interests in EU trade or summat ?? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

I’ve not heard of the Festival of Brexit , it would seem I’m not the only one .

I haven’t heard of it either .
All I know is that Britain is going down the pan ,we have a shambolic government that doesn’t know it’s @rse from its elbow and there is no one in whom we can put our trust .
Certainly not Truss ,nor that prize clown Boris who will go down in history as the man who brought down Britain .
We are FUBAR

@Ripple , Yeah, l hadn’t heard of it till now either!
It’s just one of many, remember the mound on Hyde park corner ?
The bridge of trees over the Thames ?
HS2 ?
All political follies, F. all to do with brexit ! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

I thought the very idea of a Festival of Brexit was deliberately designed to be intentionally offensive to the nearly half of the voters who were dragged out of the EU against their will and thought Brexit warranted a wake, not a Festival. Just more Brexiter nastiness and gloating, par for the course

And xenophobic, let’s show Johnny Foreigner how great we are without them, again the worst of the Brexiter attitudes

So they backed down from that, watered it down a “creative” festival called Unboxed, supposed to showcase what’s good about the U.K.

£25million! And very few visitors

I’ve seen the See Monster, it was fascinating and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Was it worth £12 million, no,I don’t think so

Plus it was supposed to be finished in August, so the schoolchildren and tourists could visit in the Summer

But there were “delays” so it didn’t open until October, for just one month

And because it is high and exposed, visitors aren’t allowed to go up it in bad weather, especially if it’s windy

Not surprisingly, it’s often been windy on the English coast in October, so a lot of the time it’s been closed to visitors anyway

1 Like

We are not talking about decisions made ages ago. We are talking about a festival which was conceived in order to recognise Brexit. It was about Brexit. It was Brexit. And it was as successful as Brexit.

2 Likes

@strathmore , In your opinion !! which counts for nowt !! :+1::grin::+1:

Mind you, the festival of Brenda Regina’s exit a few weeks ago was good. :wink:

So the National Audit Office are to investigate the money wasted. Good, I hope they look both into Unboxed and their fsilures and also politicians, like Jacob Rees-Moggs and Theresa May who approved it’s conception, and Johnson for letting it go ahead

So true, it was conceived out of malice, spite, xenophobia and triumphalism, wasting public money without a second thought in gloating

And now that’s come back to bite them on because it’s been a disaster, just like Brexit.

3 Likes

The bridge of trees … Boris Johnson’s Garden Bridge ? :roll_eyes:
Then there was the other Johnson vanity bridge to link Scotland to Ireland I’m giving that a treble eye roll :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that was the bridge being referred to. Of course it was a dumb idea, it came from Johnson, but it required £100m to evidence that it was a dumb idea. Johnson had such a track record of ill-considered ideas. That garden bridge was fast followed by his notion that a bridge across the Irish Sea was workable. And wasn’t he central to the building of the cable car crossing of the Thames? The one that is running at 10% of its capacity on good days. What other idiot idea did he support? Wait, there was a really big one, wasn’t there?

1 Like

There was the airport that didn’t get built …
Other than that I can only remember the gold wallpaper

1 Like

@Ripple , I think strathmore is referring to the big B idea.

1 Like

Are you say that wallpaper wasn’t a big mistake :astonished:
Oh of course you mean the airport :joy:

@Dextrous63 , " think Strathmore is referring to the big B"
I’m sure he is, but he is wrong?
Boris never conceived “Brexit”( there lve said it!),
That was someone elses idea !
Some one that had more insight into what was happening under EU rule than
Boris ever had !
Boris’s role was to thwart the people’s will by pretending to do the deed,
but at the last moment, when it was too late to alter, to do the classic ‘U’ turn !!
In that, l must say, he was very successful !! :-1::worried::-1:

Well, if you read my post you will note that I used the term ‘support’ and not conceive.
You’ve made the claim before that Brexit did not really happen and what we got was some sort of sham Brexit. I’m not being provocative but I genuinely do not understand this claim. Is there some aspect of the split and the subsequent arrangements with the EU that you feel fell short of what was promised? Please explain, ideally as simply as possible. Such as “we were promised x & y by this person(s) at this time - and then did not get them”.
I ask because most observers and commentators would describe the Brexit we have now as being relatively ‘hard’.

So who’s idea was it ?
And in what way is it a pretend Brexit .
If you travel ( which you clearly don’t ) in Europe you will find out that it’s anything but pretend .

@strathmore , As l have explained my self to you on this many times before
Straffy , but never-never got a response yet !
I have only one thing to say ! KIPPERS !! :+1::grin::grin::+1: