Unboxed - festival of nothing at all

@Dextrous63 , " think Strathmore is referring to the big B"
I’m sure he is, but he is wrong?
Boris never conceived “Brexit”( there lve said it!),
That was someone elses idea !
Some one that had more insight into what was happening under EU rule than
Boris ever had !
Boris’s role was to thwart the people’s will by pretending to do the deed,
but at the last moment, when it was too late to alter, to do the classic ‘U’ turn !!
In that, l must say, he was very successful !! :-1::worried::-1:

Well, if you read my post you will note that I used the term ‘support’ and not conceive.
You’ve made the claim before that Brexit did not really happen and what we got was some sort of sham Brexit. I’m not being provocative but I genuinely do not understand this claim. Is there some aspect of the split and the subsequent arrangements with the EU that you feel fell short of what was promised? Please explain, ideally as simply as possible. Such as “we were promised x & y by this person(s) at this time - and then did not get them”.
I ask because most observers and commentators would describe the Brexit we have now as being relatively ‘hard’.

So who’s idea was it ?
And in what way is it a pretend Brexit .
If you travel ( which you clearly don’t ) in Europe you will find out that it’s anything but pretend .

@strathmore , As l have explained my self to you on this many times before
Straffy , but never-never got a response yet !
I have only one thing to say ! KIPPERS !! :+1::grin::grin::+1:

@Muddy , Can you explain what you mean?
Do you mean that then EU countries are missing us in some way ??
Heaven forbid ! :grin::grin:

You can’t put all of the blame onto the little town of Craster in Northumberland, even though it’s nearby castle Dunstanburgh is defunct in terms of fighting off invaders. Apart from anything, one of the employees from their told me that they have to import their fish, which they then smoke.

No, I do not recall any details from you on why the Brexit we have is a sham Brexit. Never. I do recall you saying “I have explained myself to you many times”. I’m only asking for a few examples of why the departure from the customs union, the departure from the single market, the stepping away from EU standards & regulations, the establishment of the UK as a ‘third country’ in relations with the EU, the ceasing of the 4 freedoms of movement (capital, people, services and goods) and a new trade agreement for goods (not services) adds up to a sham, soft Brexit.
If you are basing your claim of a sham Brexit on the agreement for EU boats to continue to fish in the UK’s 200 mile territorial waters then its hardly a show-stopping, this Brexit is a sham issue. There has to more to the exit to make it a sham than a few pollocks.

Bizarre. The UK still sits bang next to Europe. It still trades with Europe - albeit less than before. People from the UK still holiday in Europe. What on earth makes you think ‘missing us’ could be a thing? Or even likely.
The point about travel was, well, about travelling. 90 day limit on visiting. Specific and longer queues for third country nationals. The UK is deffo not in the EU, it is no sham.

@strathmore , on your last post Straffy? I was replying to muddy !!
On the KIPPERS issue, Your memory appears to be highly selective ?
I have raised the issue of the theft by stealth by the EU of our territorial
waters many times with you, only to be ignored ?
Now you dismiss my anology of KIPPERS as of no moment in the scale of
things brexit ?
If it is of no moment, then why has the fishing issue been deferred for
so long ??
Untill we have control again, then l will continue to believe brexit was never
ever completed ?? :-1::-1::-1:

Thank you for confirming its all about haddock for you. I’m sure that you are highly vexed on the issue of EU boats being given legal access to take a bit of plaice. Of course pretty much everyone else thinks its a pretty abrupt and hard exit. You know, the rights going, the customs red tape appearing, the fall off in exports, no say in EU regulations that in most cases the UK will have to fall in line with, the exclusion for science and research programmes, etc. But I’m not going to stop you feeling aggrieved over some sprats.

…he could eat no fat, and his wife could eat no lean…

@strathmore l see you speak for pretty much everyone quite a lot
Straffy ?? But you don’t address the issue ?
I asked why the EU has put so much effort to keep fishing off of the
negotiating table? I await your answer with baited breath ! :grin:
:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:
Oh , who’s fall off in exports are you talking about ?

I think Strathmore has explained quite comprehensively about the fishing licences .

@Muddy who are you to decide ? with respect !
Just as Straffy speaks for ‘most people’ ? :+1::grin::+1:

@Muddy And the point is what ?
The waters are ours by international agreement !
Why should we have to hold talks to discuss quotas etc ?
The EU should fish more in its own waters imo ?
And we should stick to our own territory too !
That we allowed Twenty odd nations to fish our waters is unforgivable and
can only lead to over fishing !
How can you expect people that don’t own something, to look after it ??
To say we don’t eat certain species is a devious argument designed to confuse the real issue! i.e. ownership ! :-1::thinking::thinking::-1:

This is off topic. There was no festival event about mackerel and hake. Even the See Monster wasn’t in the sea. You are wildly aggrieved about an issue which is more complex than your ‘our waters’ thinking. You ask lots of questions - perhaps go find some answers and insights. Then start a thread dedicated to the issue. Ta.

@strathmore Hah! I knew it !!
No answers ? Typical of the species !! :+1::+1::grin::grin::+1::+1:

None so deaf as those who don’t want to hear .