UK heatwave: Temperatures rise to 31.8C and could climb further

I took the dog out this morning for a walk in the rain it was lovely !
I expect this feeling will wear off though:)

2 Likes

It wore off me the second I opened the window and breathed in the cool damp air. I thought right thats enough, and shut the window again. I want my yesterday back…yesterday was lovely. :frowning_face:

1 Like

I came across this, I vaguely remember seeing it some time ago but it is quite interesting, it explains why 25° in the UK is such a problem.

2 Likes

Lovely fresh? air today but still that warning of storms and heavy rain. I’ll believe when I see it.

I had an hour and a half to kill in town today while the mechanic in Decathlon put my new bike together.
It was all very pleasant, grabbed a sandwich and a bottle of water, bumped into a couple of people I know and had a chat.

Guess what?
As soon as I got on my bike to ride home it started raining!
Couldn’t make it up :wink:

2 Likes

I can beat that. For around 3:30 until 10:30 this morning, it was absolutely hammering it down here in the wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire and that’s after our weather lady said she wasn’t forecasting any for any of us north of Brum.

Thank you, Bruce, that is really interesting.

1 Like

Rain I’ve read, nothing here in the part of Devon, lovely and sunny and warm.

It’s been a lovely 16°C most of today and I have been out cutting grass and the hedge. I’m only in now because it’s raining a bit.

Talk of it getting hot towards the end of the week again, no rain in the South to speak of in the long range forecast for August, mind the Atlantic Hurricane season was forecast to be busy, only a coupleof named storms so far, no Hurricanes as yet, they normally impact our weather if they drift into the jet stream.

Oooh - could that mean some serious snow on the way? Yippee!

Some time between Nov and May at a guess .

@caricature - EEeeek - I’ll be cooked and/or irradiated by then! 'Cuse me while I just go and lie in the freezer for 5 mins!

Derailment here I know, I know…but c’mon! Lookit this compared to last week :scream: I was actually thinking about putting the heating on.

tempstoday

12°C

Hi

The climate on Earth changes with huge regional variations, from ice to tropical.

It is changing now,the only question is how much we are influencing it.

3 Likes

It’s a huge dramatic difference though, Swimmy…last week it was 19°C at 2am!

I believe we are influencing it more quickly than would happen naturally, but I am still shocked at this change within a matter of days, to be honest.

Are you sure it’s never happened before Pixie?

1 Like

Of course it has…we are just hurrying it up lots.

Hi

There is a difference between climate and weather.

Weather can change very rapidly, think thunderstorms.

Climate changes much slower but the effects are much greater and long term.

2 Likes

Hrmph! So we are classing last week’s 29°C and today’s 12°C as just weather now, are we? :joy: Well I do hope such extremes won’t be happening this winter, because there is no way I’ll be happily bouncing along in minus degrees!