UK heatwave: Temperatures rise to 31.8C and could climb further

So, now what ? when will we see the like again ?

Oh! I thought the BBC would have something to do with it Omah…
Here’s my link…

No, you didn’t … you said “(daily express those well known meteorologists)”

Nice app, but it’s not rocket science … :grinning:

1 Like

Some very nice coloured pictures of temperature and weather patterns Bruce…You do realise that ‘Climate’ is assessed over several hundred years, if not thousands.
48 hours of extreme temperatures as we have just experienced here, does not signify that the climate is going anywhere. Neither does one hundred years of pretty colours on your temperature map. The next one hundred years could be totally opposite to the graphics you have shown.

It’s still hotter here than a Tour-de-France riders scrotum, although at 25 degrees C it’s still very heavy and sticky. Our usual visit to Tesco this morning revealed every fridge empty with covers on. Not even milk was out on display, but a helpful assistant retrieved one from a very limited supply in the back. No fish or meat, so we returned home with only half a shop and a tin of chicken curry for tonight’s dinner. Out for my walk up the hot dusty lane and scorched crops as soon as I’ve supped me mug of Yorkshire tea. Thank God they don’t keep that in the fridge. I may be quite some time…
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Well its a lovely sunny 15°C degrees here with the windows open and a fresh breeze blowing through. I have done laundry and hung it out and taken delivery of an online shopping (which has been refrigerated on route) Normality has resumed I think. Off to wash the windows now.

1 Like

Normality has resumed…for now :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve just been looking at some facts and figures regarding water levels in the reservoirs.
The water companies publish their own drought plans, in my case it’s Southern Water. It’s quite a comprehensive document and somewhat technical so I’ve barely scratched the surface, I’ll have a proper read when I’ve got more time.

Locally, 20°C with sunny intervals and a fresh breeze - sounds inviting enough for a walk later … :walking_man:

What a good boy, the only interest my cats have in alcohol is knocking it off the coffee table , so they can climb onto my lap! :unamused:

Just seen it’s supposed to be hotting up AGAIN over the weekend. Aaagghhh . . . . image

2 Likes

The weekend is far away…it likely won’t be as hot. My temperatures for the weekend are forecast to rise to 21°C, but the met office says “will feel like 17°C”…so that means it might be a cooling breeze. Who knows…the UK weather is known for being tempremental! :smiley:

Well I could cope with that Pixie, 21 could be very pleasant, but they are forecasting 29c for me on Sunday. :unamused:

1 Like

Ah, well…gosh I hope that doesn’t happen for you then! :astonished:

Never would be too soon for me! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

I’ll take your word for that, Foxy. You clearly move in strange circles!

2 Likes

Emmigration to Antarctica is looking good!

1 Like

Aye, at the moment…but in the Winter when I put up my “Temperatures set to plummet to - 15°C and could drop further” thread, you’ll be wishing it were Summer again! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Off topic, Pixie…behave yourself!!)

2 Likes

Not I, Pixie, I love the Winter

1 Like

You might do, I look at it day by day, I haven’t got time to look at it over hundreds or thousands of years