UK election - its all about what the opposition will look like

I’m afraid those words are ‘past tense’ just like your money, and your contributions have all been spent already by various governments on propping up wars in foreign lands and wasting it on Net Zero projects…Nothing left chaps… :009:

1 Like

As I said… You’re Welcome…

So we are not costing you anything today. But if I under contributing to my pension up to now, I have to pay extra to get a full pension. So explain how that works…

Changing the concept of woman will cause untold harm. Labour so far…

https://x.com/benonwine/status/1811728237027856863

https://x.com/JaneWinward/status/1811782145431789984

https://x.com/Offthecuff_UK/status/1811695139154194732

If it was up to me, you would have had to pay back the pension you received when you left blighty…

You can still receive your pension Bruce, as can Mr Smith and all ex-pats those living in ozz because you live in a commonwealth country…
:uk:
We left the EU so we have no obligation to send pensions to ex-pats living in EU countries. I think they have had enough money out of us…

Because? What possible reason apart from your pettiness? What justification? If someone leaves the UK are they in some way betraying the country and the people left behind? Are people who come to the UK from another country also slighting their country of birth? What twisted logic makes you write what you write?

So labour want to close the North Sea oil fields…Just some more virtue signaling that the working classes are going to suffer with expensive energy bills…I guess people who voted labour didn’t read the small print on the manifesto…Knobs!.. :009:

3 Likes

https://x.com/JackieMeek6/status/1812003418124259835

Guess we will have to sit back and let it happen,

I think I just figured out how labour keep holding on to their seat in my constituency…
I noticed how many different parties there were on the voting paper… :astonished:
Must have been about eight for such a small constituency…
I reckon labour pay candidates to stand so it spreads the vote out so thinly that labour still win with less votes than in the past.

2 Likes

Been done before, the reason why Nigel Farage lost seven times. :wink:

Honour and dignity in defeat, won Clacton fairly.

1 Like

Hear Hear…wish I could contribute but can’t take any more grief right now… WE PAID For Pensions with sweat blood and tears…We paid in and more for all we take out. you’ll be saying next I cannot take my money out my British Bank…MY money!
…I am happy not be the equivalent of anti everything that is foreign …I am European always have and always will be… you and some other narrow obsessive character’s talk out of your Rear Ends.
Must be uncomfortable that!

It is so ill-considered that its almost funny. Essentially it is “if you are not fully with us, then you are against us”. That argument played out plenty during the Brexit referendum. It was ignorant then and its ignorant now.
Meanwhile, getting back on topic, the shape of the opposition is whatever shape something in tatters is. Nothing close to effective. And I note that Starmer is setting out his approach of getting back close to European countries and the EU. There are tons of sensible and grown up things to be done to improve relations and trade - even if re-joining the EU is off the table.

1 Like

The paradox of tolerance.

”It goes like this: If everyone is tolerant of every idea, then intolerant ideas will emerge."

“We must therefore claim, in the name of tolerance, the right not to tolerate intolerance.”

2 Likes

https://x.com/EvacTony/status/1812484269907795999

Everyone needs to tone down the hype, if Trump had been killed what do you think our Secretary of State would have said. I dread to think.

Usually spelt rass claat, it is Jamaican patois for an utterly contemptible person; often used in profane oaths. The literal meaning is sanitary towel, a textile used to absorb menstrual blood, from rass vulva, claat=cloth. Of a similar use and meaning as blood clat, (menstrual) blood-clot, a contemptible fellow.

Thanks for that explanation … just not sure why it appeared on a thread about the UK elections.

Those elected are not going to last long. This would be laughable if it were not extremely unpleasant and inexcusable. Will he beat Truss’s 49 days.

[Quote]
Turning Point UK said: “Lammy is an international disgrace, he should resign. Not only is he beyond thick, he is also a national embarrassment. Starmer needs to sack him.”
[Unquote]

I very much doubt if I give a flying (what was your enlightening word for the day?) about anything that Turning Point UK says. The fact that the Express feels happy to quote them says everything about the Express and nothing of note about Lammy.
“Turning Point UK (TPUK) is a British offshoot of the American student pressure group Turning Point USA. The UK group was set up to promote right-wing politics in UK schools, colleges and universities, with the stated aim of countering what Turning Point UK alleges are the left-wing politics of UK educational institutions. The close similarity of Turning Point UK’s rhetoric and target demographic to that of Generation Identity, a continental European group whose intentions are racist and Islamophobic, has been noted by scholars of hate studies and the far-right.”

1 Like

Think Secretary of State will be out before the US election.