UFOs - what do you think they are?

If there were visitors from outer space,the Pope and all the other religious leaders would have some explaining to do.

2 Likes

Unidentified Flying Objects

1 Like

Yes, that sums it up.

Maybe it’s just me but there’s something about the velocity/shadows/lighting that doesn’t quite look right to me… maybe computer generated?

3 Likes

“And pray that there’s intelligent life somewhere up in space.Cause there’s bugger-all down here on Earth”

1 Like

I think it’s faked too, Azz.
Amazing what they can do with technology now.
Look at all the Sci-Fi films, the new Avatar looks real.

1 Like

Reading some of the comments on twitter I think it was largely regarded as a fake Azz.
Isn’t this the problem though? Can we actually believe any photographic evidence produced these days? Could we ever?
Can we believe the moon landings? If some spotty faced schoolboy can produce this in his bedroom, just think what NASA could do…
:nerd_face:

1 Like

OGF I love the discussions about the moon landings and all the photos showing the shadows and reflections that shouldn’t be there , including the flapping flag etcetc

:grin:

1 Like

So, all the UFO’s or Unidentified aerial phenomenon as they are now called, are zipping around and doing what?
I mean if you are a visitor from another world wouldn’t you want to land and do the sights? Or at least meet someone important?

1 Like

Oh no!..

Must’ve heard we’ve got Covid…

Sorry, it’s just me being whimsical…I just can’t believe that a life form capable of building machines that supposedly do what they do, just flit around doing nothing else other than bothering the natives.
:grinning:

2 Likes

Even years ago kids could fool learned men.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, who used them to illustrate an article on fairies he had been commissioned to write… I have the book.

2 Likes

Yes I clearly remember this and a while back saw an interview with one of the girls now in her later years ( passed over now I believe) telling the journalist they made it up and they were cut outs . Just girls playing , maybe with Conan Doyle getting involved they got in too deep

1 Like

They are real I know because Sue my wife is out of this world and one of a kind

Whatever this was, it’s not on Twitter, now, unless it’s elsewhere on Twitter, or it’s been abducted and taken to wherever serves the best coffee! I have no idea what I just said, because I died from dementia around 11 minutes ago, but that might only happen on a Tuesday and if the wind is due East from where Elvis is currently standing. I just wanted to make that clear!

1 Like

What do I think UFO’s are?
Unidentified Flying Objects.
Other living beings in our huge galaxy.
How could we possibly think we are the only beings in our complex, endless galaxy.
Of course there has to be other beings.

1 Like

On many occasions, in our own history, when news reached us of humans in far away lands only just discovered, very few people believed that they existed and there was absolutely no evidence to prove anything…just circumstantial, or anecdotal evidence and hearsay. People actually refused to believe that there were any other humans in those distant lands.

Just as with alien lifeforms existing somewhere other than on our cozy planet, we are doing precisely the same thing as those doubters did, back then.

What is it? I think it’s the ultimate arrogance to believe we are the only ones in the Universe, and the evidence, so far, has been superficial, rarely seen, blurred, patchy and just as easy to dismiss, by us. (I think that there is also an element of fear in the minds of those doubters.)

A blurred image of a “flying saucer” makes us say…nope…that’s something else, because it’s not looking enough like a classic UFO. BUT…if the most fabulous quality photograph ever taken of a UFO (perfect focus, light/shadow, colouring, etc…) was presented (and it was absolutely the real thing in the photo), think about it…that would also be dismissed as fake, viewed against the history of such ridiculously poor photography regarding UFOs! “Too clean!”, “Too sharp!”, “Too perfect!”. Sometimes, you just cannot win!

To believers, no further evidence is required - to skeptics, no further evidence will ever be enough!

1 Like

“You probably wouldnt believe me if I told you of some of the things I’ve seen” , now that’s a fascinating statement. I would love to hear your experiences. :grinning:

You would do better by cornering someone from RAF Boulmer or better still the lady Winco Charlie Best, cos the ASACS is ‘housed’ there. Good luck if you get the chance cos like me everyone will have signed the OSA and once signed you are bound for life.

2 Likes