Trump gets kicked off Forbes 400 list of richest Americans

Trump just fell off the Forbes 400 richest list.

His social media platform, Truth Social, was devalued, along with several of his commercial buildings.

This happened while he was defending his business empire in court.

1 Like

It couldn’t happen at a worse time for Trump - his alleged wealth depends on his apparent success in business. With that “success” being challenged in New York, and teams of expensive lawyers fighting simultaneous court cases there and elsewhere, then to have a business publicly “fail”, resulting in a personal “demotion” will, no doubt, enrage the the ex-president.

Trump launched Truth Social in February 2022, envisioning it as a credible threat to Facebook and Twitter. But Truth Social has yet to take off. In the United States, Truth Social had about 738,000 monthly active users of its iOS and Android apps in August, down from almost 1.3 million in December, according to Similarweb. That’s less than 1% of the iOS and Android users that used X (formerly known as Twitter).

That’s why Forbes marked down the estimated value of Trump’s 90% stake in Truth Social from $730 million a year ago to less than $100 million now.

Truth Social’s plan to raise hundreds of millions of dollars through a merger with a blank-check firm has been stalled by legal and regulatory scrutiny for two years.

1 Like

The question is whether it will enrage or at least place seeds of doubt in his followers.

1 Like

The answer to that would seem to be “enrage” and, probably, rise up “in defense of America” … :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Donald Trump “demanded” an apology from Forbes magazine after it dropped him from its list of the 400 wealthiest people in the US for the second time in three years.

“I hereby demand a full apology from the failing Forbes magazine,” the former president wrote on Wednesday on Truth Social, the reportedly struggling social media platform he set up after being expelled from mainstream platforms over the January 6 attack on the Capitol.

Donald Trump
Forbes released its Trump-free list last week, saying the his net worth was down $600m from a year before. Trump has been on the list since the 1990s, other than in 2021.

In response, Trump complained about “really dumb writers assigned to hit me hard” and bragged about huge leads in Republican presidential polling he holds despite facing 91 criminal charges and assorted civil threats.

In that post from Monday, Trump concluded: “So much for Forbes!” But as usual he could not resist returning to the well, using his Wednesday post to complain about the “writer, Dan Alexander, for the many false and libelous articles [Forbes] have written about me”.

Alexander, a senior editor at Forbes, is also the author of a 2020 book, White House Inc: How Donald Trump Turned the Presidency Into a Business.

On Wednesday, Alexander tweeted: “Hey Donald Trump, if you want to point out a single false fact in any of the articles I’ve published about you – or in the book I wrote about you – feel free. In the meantime, I’m going to keep reporting – and carefully fact-checking every word I publish.”

Haha … Trump doesn’t like his “self-important” balloon being punctured … :laughing:

1 Like