Trump floats serving as House speaker for ‘short period of time’ if needed until GOP settles on leader

Kevin McCarthy was ousted as House Speaker. Trump is considering filling in as House Speaker until another is put in place. He would still need to be elected by the House members.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/05/politics/trump-considering-capitol-hill-visit-speaker/index.html

1 Like

A lot of people have been calling me about speaker (1). All I can say is we’ll do whatever is best for the country and the Republican Party,” Trump told reporters outside the courthouse in lower Manhattan on Wednesday during a break from his civil fraud trial.

(1) Coincidentally, this (grammatically stunted) statement fits the description of other statements in posts that I have encountered on forums:

Anonymous Authority
(also known as: appeal to anonymous authority)

Description: When an unspecified source is used as evidence for the claim. This is commonly indicated by phrases such as “They say that…”, “It has been said…”, “I heard that…”, “Studies show…”, or generalized groups such as, “scientists say…” When we fail to specify a source of the authority, we can’t verify the source, thus the credibility of the argument. Appeals to anonymous sources are more often than not, a way to fabricate, exaggerate, or misrepresent facts in order to deceive others into accepting your claim.

However, with Trump’s lawyers already desperately seeking to delay some of his court cases in order to achieve Trump’s political ends, it would seem unlikely that Trump would be able to schedule an additional workload into his current official agenda and leave time for him to cheat at golf.

1 Like